Coal News We love to talk!
The Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC) has passed an order in the matter of non-compliance of the Procedure, Terms and Conditions for grant of trading licence and other related matters Regulations, 2009 by several new trading licensees. As per the aforementioned regulation, the trading licensees are required to undertake electricity trading and failure to do so may lead to the revocation of their licences. In line with this, the commission through an order dated January 05, 2015 directed the licensees including Visa Power Limited, Indiabulls Power Trading Limited, Shyam Indus Power Solutions private Limited, PCM Power Trading Corporation Limited, Vedprakash Power Private Limited and Parshavnath Power Projects Private Limited, to submit their business plan. While Visa Power, Indiabulls Power Trading, PCM Power Trading and Vedprakash Power have submitted their business plan, Shyam Indus Power Solutions, Parshavnath Power, Karam Chand Thapar and Brothers Limited, Gemac Engineering, and Green Fields Power Services have failed to do so.
The commission has directed the licensees who have submitted the plan to comply with the provisions of Trading Licence Regulations, 2009 within a year from the issue of the present order. The commission further states that upon failure to do so it will proceed for the revocation of their licences.
Meanwhile, the commission noted that Parshavnath Power Projects has already undertaken electricity trading with effect from January 2015; therefore, the commission has withdrawn the notice served to the company. Meanwhile, the commission has asked Shyam Indus Power to respond within three months as to why its licence should not be revoked for non-compliance with the commission’s direction. Further, the commission has directed Karam Chand Thapar and Brothers, Gemac Engineering Services, and Green Fields Power Services to make submissions pertaining to the notice for the revocation of their licences.
- Tata Power to raise $560 mn abroad Read more
- Indian regulator halts wind forecasting on inaccurate results Read more
- Telangana mulling free power to dairy farming Read more
- Adani Enterprises plans ship-fuelling business expansion Read more
- Oil & gas stocks push Sensex up 154 points Read more
- Draft Proposed Amendment to Wheeling and Banking Agreements for the RE Project under Non-REC route and RE Captive plants under REC route in KERC Read more
- Power projects on the bl<x>ink despite clearances by government Read more
- Power play in South Asia to energise India's hold among Saarc countries Read more
- India to facilitate cross-border power trading with SAARC Nations Read more
- Gird Up to Guard the Grid Read more