Power News We love to talk!
Karnataka Power Corporation Ltd. (KPCL) has achieved a new high in its annual power generation for 2014–15 from its power stations.
According to a statement by the KPCL, its power stations generated 29,794.17 million units in 2014–15, which is the highest-ever annual generation from them.
The quantum of annual generation depends on the efficiency of the power stations, demand for power and availability of coal in the thermal stations, among other things.
The KPCL is also set to add 2,300 MW of thermal power to the State grid in the present financial year from its Yermarus Thermal Power Station and Bellary Thermal Power Station.
- Assam gets investment proposals of nearly Rs 70,000 crore: CM Read more
- 7th India Energy Congress to begin tomorrow Read more
- NTPC initiates due diligence of DVC's Ragunathpur thermal plant Read more
- Tata Power writes to govt. over power purchase cost Read more
- Reneweable Energy Ministry creates purchase obligations compliance cell to meet targets Read more
- Energy policy may bring subsidy cut, price control in power, fertilisers Read more
- Lanco Udupi unit resumes generating power Read more
- Waste-to-energy plant to be set up in Kovai Read more
- 'Applications for new coal blocks soon' Read more
- Delhi govt seeks discoms relationship details with former Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission officials Read more