Power News We love to talk!
Karnataka Power Corporation Ltd. (KPCL) has achieved a new high in its annual power generation for 2014–15 from its power stations.
According to a statement by the KPCL, its power stations generated 29,794.17 million units in 2014–15, which is the highest-ever annual generation from them.
The quantum of annual generation depends on the efficiency of the power stations, demand for power and availability of coal in the thermal stations, among other things.
The KPCL is also set to add 2,300 MW of thermal power to the State grid in the present financial year from its Yermarus Thermal Power Station and Bellary Thermal Power Station.
- Solar price may be 10% below coal power rates by 2020: report Read more
- Coal auction entangled in legal conflict, two mines go off bidding Read more
- India, Bangladesh agree on power tariff, await nod to start supplies Read more
- Auction for wind power on the anvil, says Piyush Goyal Read more
- ONGC-RIL dispute: RIL rejects Shah Panel, argues for arbitration Read more
- Chandigarh administration to distribute cheap LED bulbs as part of save energy campaign Read more
- FICCI and EYEON Group join hands to provide industry assessment on India's energy sector Read more
- Manipur & Mizoram: Petition for Approval of filing of (a) ARR for Distribution Retail Tariff for the FY 2014 (b) Annual Transmission Charges (ATC) for the FY 2014-15 of Manipur & Mizoram Read more
- UP set for power generation bonanza Read more
- Auditor questions Gujarat NRE coking coal's `ability to survive' Read more