Power News We love to talk!
Karnataka Power Corporation Ltd. (KPCL) has achieved a new high in its annual power generation for 2014–15 from its power stations.
According to a statement by the KPCL, its power stations generated 29,794.17 million units in 2014–15, which is the highest-ever annual generation from them.
The quantum of annual generation depends on the efficiency of the power stations, demand for power and availability of coal in the thermal stations, among other things.
The KPCL is also set to add 2,300 MW of thermal power to the State grid in the present financial year from its Yermarus Thermal Power Station and Bellary Thermal Power Station.
- Reliance Power allowed to mine more from Sasans coal blocks, with riders Read more
- Record level of wind power produced in Gujarat on higher capacity Read more
- `Foreign tech to upgrade CIL soon' Read more
- Tata Power arm buys wind farm in State Read more
- Volvo India signs up with CleanMax Solar for power supply Read more
- Government plans to douse century-old fire to extract coal worth Rs 60,000 crore Read more
- Kudankulam generates 2,000 MW Read more
- Coalgate: Clean chit to Cong MP Read more
- Electricity generation stumbles badly in August Read more
- Purchase pacts for wind power will be cleared at new rates: KERC Read more