Coal News We love to talk!
The Assam Electricity Regulatory Commission (AERC) has notified the draft Smart Grid Regulations, 2015. The proposed regulations will be applicable to generating companies and to transmission and distribution (T&D) licensees. The draft regulations take into account the Smart Grid Vision and Roadmap notified by the union government and aim to promote the expansion of the smart grid and allied technologies in accordance with the roadmap.
The draft regulations provide the guidelines for the approval of investments in smart grids; tariffs and incentives/disincentives for consumers, prosumers, and utilities; security of network operations; integration of renewable energy/distributed generation; and protection of consumer privacy, among other matters.
- Maharashtra polls: Ahead of election, Maharashtra buys more power Read more
- Canal solar power projects have 1,500 Mw potential in Punjab: Minister Read more
- Stalled hydro project not to impact 24X7 power supply plans Read more
- Wind farms may get interest rate rebate for upgrading turbines Read more
- Waaree Energies forays into floating solar PV market Read more
- UDAY could help pare discom losses but bringing them down to zero might prove elusive Read more
- NTPC to unplug 1,200 MW on coal shortage Read more
- 2MW solar panels to power WR suburban stations in 6 months Read more
- Trading in renewable energy certificates up Read more
- Oil ministry moots major E&P reforms Read more