Coal News We love to talk!
The Assam Electricity Regulatory Commission (AERC) has notified the draft Smart Grid Regulations, 2015. The proposed regulations will be applicable to generating companies and to transmission and distribution (T&D) licensees. The draft regulations take into account the Smart Grid Vision and Roadmap notified by the union government and aim to promote the expansion of the smart grid and allied technologies in accordance with the roadmap.
The draft regulations provide the guidelines for the approval of investments in smart grids; tariffs and incentives/disincentives for consumers, prosumers, and utilities; security of network operations; integration of renewable energy/distributed generation; and protection of consumer privacy, among other matters.
- Wind energy sector in India expected to attract Rs 20,000 crore of investments Read more
- World desirous of Narendra Modi's bold leadership for clean energy: Ban Ki-moon Read more
- Gujarat High Court clears decks for states first wind power auction Read more
- Over 12,000 solar pumps distributed to farmers in Chhattisgarh Read more
- Food waste may store solar, wind energy Read more
- NITI Aayog ready with draft of national energy policy Read more
- Cairn moves international court for appointment of arbitrator Read more
- Tamil Nadu cuts power rates for industrial consumers Read more
- Ghaziabad admin to set up power generation units at dumping grounds Read more
- KERC re-determines the tariff for wind power projects Read more