Coal News We love to talk!
India has extended approval to two Iranian insurers to cover container and tanker vessels calling at Indian ports by a year to 25 June, a government notification said, in a move that will aid oil imports from Tehran.
The previous six-month extension to Kish Protection & Indemnity Club and Qeshm International Trust Alliance P&I Club, formerly known as Qita P&I Club, lapsed on 26 June.
The extension will help India receive its crude imports from Tehran in Iranian vessels, while exports of non-oil commodities and industrial goods are largely handled by vessels operated by Hafez Darya Arya Shipping Company.
India, the world’s fourth-biggest oil consumer and Iran’s top client after China, shipped in 66% more oil from Tehran in May from a year ago.
European Union sanctions against Iran from 1 July 2012, bar members of Europe-based International Group (IG) of Protection and Indemnity (P&I)—which account for the majority of cover for the tanker market—from insuring Iranian oil and other shipments, leading to the emergence of new, untested insurance providers.
Iran, the United States, Russia, China, France, Britain and Germany are trying to end a more than 12-year standoff over Tehran’s nuclear programme by striking an agreement to halt Iranian nuclear work in return for sanctions relief.
The West says Iran is seeking to build weapons but Iran says its nuclear programme is to produce power.
Negotiators from all sides are gathering in Vienna in the hopes of striking a deal by a self-imposed deadline of Tuesday.
- Adani-IOC,GAIL among bidders for piped gas supply in 14 cities Read more
- Oil subsidy saving, revenue mop-up give Centre more money Read more
- DERC denies review of penalty imposed on BYPL for omitting outage details on certain bills Read more
- Fuel guzzler Read more
- Much emission curbs can hit India's competitiveness: Goyal Read more
- Centre sticks to GAIL pipeline plan Read more
- Adani Enterprises to set up country's largest 10,000 MW solar plant in Rajasthan Read more
- REC tweaks norms to lend to renewable energy projects Read more
- AAP says its allegations on power purchase in MP proven right Read more
- Let Bengal raise old power plants to super-critical levels: Piyush Goyal Read more