Power News We love to talk!
The volume of electricity traded in the power spot market fell by 15% to 2.4 billion units in June compared with May due to low demand from the distribution utilities, India Energy Exchange (IEX), the company that provides a platform for power trading, said in a statement.
The market clearing price for June remained nearly flat at R2.56/unit, down 2% from May. The average clearing price — bid prices discovered after accounting for transmission congestion — varied between Rs 2.18-3 per unit except in the northern region, where it rose by over 40% to R3.18 per unit compared with a month ago.
- ReNew Power Ventures raises Rs 500 crore through green bonds Read more
- Five discoms failed to clear dues worth Rs 4,112 crore: CAG Read more
- Govt pulled up for diluting Civil Nuclear Liability Rules Read more
- Govt to auction CIL supply to imported coal-based power plants Read more
- EV infra policy soon, individual can set up charging station for commercial use: RK Singh Read more
- Petrol, diesel daily price revision: Dealers worry about losses, set to play hardball with OMCs Read more
- Gujarat High Court asks Torrent Power to deposit Rs 20 crore with GSPL Read more
- Restore accelerated depreciation scheme for wind sector: Suzlon Read more
- GMR commissions first unit of Kamalanga thermal plant Read more
- Green certificates sales down 32 per cent on power exchanges in June Read more