Power News We love to talk!
The volume of electricity traded in the power spot market fell by 15% to 2.4 billion units in June compared with May due to low demand from the distribution utilities, India Energy Exchange (IEX), the company that provides a platform for power trading, said in a statement.
The market clearing price for June remained nearly flat at R2.56/unit, down 2% from May. The average clearing price — bid prices discovered after accounting for transmission congestion — varied between Rs 2.18-3 per unit except in the northern region, where it rose by over 40% to R3.18 per unit compared with a month ago.
- Drop in power demand due to Holi may destabilize India's electricity grid Read more
- After leading green energy revolution, why India must power-up solar waste management Read more
- Titan, Bajaj Finance, LNG Petronet emerge as key contenders for inclusion in MSCI India index Read more
- Coal company surrenders 10 crore after I-T raids Read more
- Petronas in talks to sell stake in Canada shale to Indian Oil Read more
- Govt flips the switch to 20-year power plan Read more
- Deepak Maheshwari is CFO of Essar Energy Read more
- Host of problems stand in way of CMs power supply promise Read more
- Why govt should privatise energy assets Read more
- Indias power generators face falling utilization rate: Fitch Read more