Power News We love to talk!
The volume of electricity traded in the power spot market fell by 15% to 2.4 billion units in June compared with May due to low demand from the distribution utilities, India Energy Exchange (IEX), the company that provides a platform for power trading, said in a statement.
The market clearing price for June remained nearly flat at R2.56/unit, down 2% from May. The average clearing price — bid prices discovered after accounting for transmission congestion — varied between Rs 2.18-3 per unit except in the northern region, where it rose by over 40% to R3.18 per unit compared with a month ago.
- N-power project junked due to Fukushima disaster: Gujarat CM Read more
- Rajasthan set to unveil power tariff hike as discom losses swell Read more
- Proposed solar safeguard duty is double-edged sword Read more
- Will file cases against US for WTO norms violation: Goyal Read more
- Historic power project down in the dumps Read more
- No shortage of coal in the country - Piyush Goyal Read more
- India emerging as front-runner in fight against climate change: World Bank Read more
- NTPC lists $6 billion MTN on Indias International Exchange Read more
- M&M to launch electric KUV1OO by next year Read more
- India and Germany team up for mobility solutions, solar power Read more