Power News We love to talk!
The State will have an additional 250 MW energy from renewable sources by March next year if the plans of the Energy department materialise.
Works on setting up of the 1,000 MW solar park in Anantapur and other districts had commenced and solar projects with 250 MW installed capacity are set to be commissioned before the end of the current financial year. Works on the remaining 750 MW are likely to be completed by the end of the next financial year.
The works have been commissioned following the decision to promote an ultra mega solar power plant at N.P. Kunta in Anantapur to overcome power shortages in the long term. The government had also proposed development of a 1,000 MW solar park in Kurnool district owing to the potential it offered and the bids for the project had already been invited.
“The bids will be opened by July 30, and it will be followed by entrustment of work to the prospective bidders soon,” Energy Secretary Ajay Jain told The Hindu . The two projects formed part of the government’s plans to promote 5,030 MW solar and 4,150 MW wind power projects in the next five years.
The Union Government, according to Mr. Jain who accompanied Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu during the latter’s visit to Japan, had announced its willingness to dedicate the entire 1,000 MW capacity of solar plant in Kurnool district to Andhra Pradesh.
This will be the second project after the 1,000 MW Simhadri power plant to be dedicated exclusively to meet the State’s requirements. According to Mr. Jain, the government had also directed the energy utility APGenco to explore the scope for setting up of another 500 MW renewable energy plant for tapping the existing potential in the State and efforts were under way to identify the location and mode of generation in this direction.
- State utilities' penalty burden close to Rs 900 crore in West Bengal Read more
- Odisha begins land scouting for ultra mega solar power plants Read more
- How a start-up firm's robot helped save crores for power plant in Gujarat Read more
- Coal scam: CBI confirms executive interference Read more
- AP electricity regulator fixes tariff for wind projects Read more
- More doubts on Adani coal mine project subsidies in Australia: IEEFA Read more
- ONGC Videsh Ltd to raise $1 billion to fund Azeri acquisition Read more
- Determination of Wheeling & Banking in respect of Renewable Sources of Energy Read more
- BoB, Cairn India included in MSCI global indices Read more
- BERC initiates suo-motu proceeding for fixing norms for determination of generic levelised solar generation tariff for FY 2014-15 Read more