Coal News We love to talk!
State-owned ONGC is in the midst of a programme to drill a total of 45 development wells in the Krishna-Godawari deepwater block KG-DWN-98/2, at a whopping Rs 53,085 crore, which also includes setting up a floating, production, storage and offloading (FPSO) system and a fixed offshore platform, an industry web site said.
When contacted, ONGC officials said the field development plan (FDP) for the KG block was yet to be finalised. They added that ONGC has a deadline to submitted the FDP to the Directorate General of Hydrocarbon by September. At present, it is carrying out additional drilling to add more to the reserves. It is looking at two options: To add more reserves or optimise infrastructure development. Both of these would help reduce the development cost.
ONGC officials say the total development cost would not exceed $5-6 billion. The website — Indiapetroplus — said that while the total oil initially in place in the block is estimated at 106 million cubic metres, production of only 26.71 million cubic metres is envisaged in 2019-2031. Similarly, the gas initially in place is estimated at 69.57 BCM, of which only 51.33 BCM can be produced in 2018-34.
The discovery area of the block has been split into two: The Northern Discovery Area (NDA) and the Southern Discovery Area The NDA is further divided into two primary production areas: Cluster-1 (gas-rich) and Cluster-2 (both oil and gas).
- NTPC, DVC owe Rs 9,000 crore to Coal India: Official Read more
- Cabinet nod for 15,000 MW grid-connected solar projects Read more
- India should revive Iran-Pakistan-India gas pipeline: Parliamentary Panel Read more
- Tata Powers power generation up 6.5% at 11,663 mn units Read more
- Reliance Industries slaps arbitration notice on government over $1.55 bn demand: Dharmendra Pradhan Read more
- NEEPCO to raise capacity to 2000 MW by 2016: CMD PC Pankaj Read more
- Why oil can spoil Indias budget math Read more
- Adani ports inks pact with IOC for LNG regasification at Dhamra Read more
- PTC may call for solar power bids in dollar-denominated tariff Read more
- Boiler components dispatched by BHEL for Maitree project in Bangladesh Read more