Coal News We love to talk!
State-owned ONGC is in the midst of a programme to drill a total of 45 development wells in the Krishna-Godawari deepwater block KG-DWN-98/2, at a whopping Rs 53,085 crore, which also includes setting up a floating, production, storage and offloading (FPSO) system and a fixed offshore platform, an industry web site said.
When contacted, ONGC officials said the field development plan (FDP) for the KG block was yet to be finalised. They added that ONGC has a deadline to submitted the FDP to the Directorate General of Hydrocarbon by September. At present, it is carrying out additional drilling to add more to the reserves. It is looking at two options: To add more reserves or optimise infrastructure development. Both of these would help reduce the development cost.
ONGC officials say the total development cost would not exceed $5-6 billion. The website — Indiapetroplus — said that while the total oil initially in place in the block is estimated at 106 million cubic metres, production of only 26.71 million cubic metres is envisaged in 2019-2031. Similarly, the gas initially in place is estimated at 69.57 BCM, of which only 51.33 BCM can be produced in 2018-34.
The discovery area of the block has been split into two: The Northern Discovery Area (NDA) and the Southern Discovery Area The NDA is further divided into two primary production areas: Cluster-1 (gas-rich) and Cluster-2 (both oil and gas).
- Oil PSUs asked to complete Rs 60,000-cr projects by FY15 end Read more
- India plans massive natural gas expansion, LNG imports to soar Read more
- CCEA approves city gas distribution in Kolkata Read more
- RBI for fuel price fine-tuning to curb demand Read more
- Gujarat government spent more than Rs 13,000 crore on KG Basin Read more
- Renewable energy industry hopeful about Paris meet Read more
- Finlands Wrtsil eyes Indias renewables sector Read more
- Stranded gas-based power plants to generate electricity at around Rs. 5/unit Read more
- Dharmendra Pradhan launches Rs 5,000cr national seismic programme in Mahanadi Basin Read more
- Supreme Court seeks govts reply on IOC-GAIL dispute over pipeline Read more