Coal News We love to talk!
"Appropriate pricing" is critical for the viability of complex and capitalintensive deep water projects, oil major BP's group chief executive Bob Dudley said after meeting Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi on Wednesday. BP has a 30% stake in RIL's 21 oil and gas blocks, including the controversial KG-D6, and has in the past too complained about lower gas prices.
The government last year devised a formula that aligns gas prices available to output from most domestic fields with international prices. Following a crash in the crude oil prices globally, the local prices have further fallen.
India, which imports nearly 80 per cent of its crude requirement, is targeting to cut its import dependence by raising local output and will need help of foreign companies with access to capital and technology in exploring the country's hydrocarbon reserves. India is planning to hold the next round of auction of hydrocarbon reserves in the current fiscal year.
"We discussed opportunities and challenges in the Indian energy sector at large and also specific to our deep water exploration and development projects. I see potential for significant additional investments and creation of jobs in the sector," said Dudley in a statement after his separate meetings with the Modi and oil minister Dharmendra Pradhan. BP is also seeking a licence to sell jet fuel in India.
- India lifts 30% less volume under long-term Qatar LNG deal: Report Read more
- Tamil Nadu to stop using imported coal for power generation, save Rs 400 crore Read more
- India's plans to boost investment in gas blocks seen falling short Read more
- ONGC Videsh eyes Farzad gas field again as Iran changes contract model Read more
- Wind turbine maker Suzlon plans Rs 24,000 crore investment in Gujarat, to halve rupee debt Read more
- Jet fuel prices at 5-year low, but airlines wont cut fare Read more
- ONGC identifies six projects to propel its next phase of growth Read more
- RIL to seal Ethane ship deal today Read more
- Fuel sales increase between 30 per cent and 40 per cent since demonetization Read more
- Third amendment to MPERC Cogeneration and generation of electricity from renewable sources of energy (Revision-I) Regulations, 2010 Read more