Power News We love to talk!
Priority will be accorded to farmers coming forward to set up solar-power motors in their farms in two villages where the Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana is being implemented in the district, said N. Subbaiyan, District Collector.
Presiding over a meeting to review the progress of the work being implemented in Ottangadu near Thanjavur and Tirumangalakudi near Mayiladuthurai adopted under the scheme by K. Parasuraman and R.K. Bharathimohan, Members of Parliament, Thanjavur and Mayiladuthurai respectively, here on Saturday, the Collector said not many applications had been received from farmers for solar energy operated pump sets. He called upon the rural development and agriculture department officials to motivate farmers and identify the interested beneficiaries to fulfil the objectives of clean energy – one of the goals of the adoption.
Mr. Subbaiyan advised the local body officials to take action to issue identity cards to agriculture labourers through the welfare board. Referring to the various works selected under the programme, the Collector advised the officials to execute the same without any delay.
K. Srinivasan, Project Director, District Rural Development Agency, Sivakumar, Project Officer, Mahalir Thittam, and R. Tiruvalarchelvi, Chief Educational Officer, spoke on the progress of the work being implemented by their departments.
- Global pension funds warm to Indias solar power ambitions Read more
- Kodandaram seeks public hearing on power purchase agreement Read more
- Essar Energy appoints Sushil Maroo as CEO Read more
- Solar power: TS confident of achieving the target of 960 MW Read more
- More takers for solar water heaters in Kochi Read more
- India sees lowest plant load factor in 15 years; power capacities operating at 65% Read more
- Renewable energy focus will continue, says Harsh Vardhan Read more
- Wind power generation in AP to go up by 800 MW Read more
- MNRE asks states to prepare conducive policies for renewable energy Read more
- Avoiding blackout: Alstom eyes PowerGrid projects to strengthen grids Read more