Power News We love to talk!
Priority will be accorded to farmers coming forward to set up solar-power motors in their farms in two villages where the Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana is being implemented in the district, said N. Subbaiyan, District Collector.
Presiding over a meeting to review the progress of the work being implemented in Ottangadu near Thanjavur and Tirumangalakudi near Mayiladuthurai adopted under the scheme by K. Parasuraman and R.K. Bharathimohan, Members of Parliament, Thanjavur and Mayiladuthurai respectively, here on Saturday, the Collector said not many applications had been received from farmers for solar energy operated pump sets. He called upon the rural development and agriculture department officials to motivate farmers and identify the interested beneficiaries to fulfil the objectives of clean energy – one of the goals of the adoption.
Mr. Subbaiyan advised the local body officials to take action to issue identity cards to agriculture labourers through the welfare board. Referring to the various works selected under the programme, the Collector advised the officials to execute the same without any delay.
K. Srinivasan, Project Director, District Rural Development Agency, Sivakumar, Project Officer, Mahalir Thittam, and R. Tiruvalarchelvi, Chief Educational Officer, spoke on the progress of the work being implemented by their departments.
- OPTCL asked to explain dual policy on transmission line approval Read more
- India to commission 5-mt underground oil storages by October Read more
- Is there enough for wind energy firms? Read more
- Anantapur project may be commissioned by next fiscal Read more
- Coal India to launch coal auction for power companies with flexible lifting Read more
- Under China threat, US Export-Import Bank defends equipment prices Read more
- Online solar marketplace MYSUN secures USD 2.5 million in funds Read more
- Power engineers suggest ways to cut losses, lower tariff Read more
- AP to seek more funds from Centre for developing power sector Read more
- Odisha clears 11 investment proposals worth Rs 2,000 crore Read more