Power News We love to talk!
Priority will be accorded to farmers coming forward to set up solar-power motors in their farms in two villages where the Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana is being implemented in the district, said N. Subbaiyan, District Collector.
Presiding over a meeting to review the progress of the work being implemented in Ottangadu near Thanjavur and Tirumangalakudi near Mayiladuthurai adopted under the scheme by K. Parasuraman and R.K. Bharathimohan, Members of Parliament, Thanjavur and Mayiladuthurai respectively, here on Saturday, the Collector said not many applications had been received from farmers for solar energy operated pump sets. He called upon the rural development and agriculture department officials to motivate farmers and identify the interested beneficiaries to fulfil the objectives of clean energy – one of the goals of the adoption.
Mr. Subbaiyan advised the local body officials to take action to issue identity cards to agriculture labourers through the welfare board. Referring to the various works selected under the programme, the Collector advised the officials to execute the same without any delay.
K. Srinivasan, Project Director, District Rural Development Agency, Sivakumar, Project Officer, Mahalir Thittam, and R. Tiruvalarchelvi, Chief Educational Officer, spoke on the progress of the work being implemented by their departments.
- Tamil Nadu to get 500 MW solar power plants at 2,170 cr Read more
- Government mulls selling LED bulbs at Rs 44 under DELP scheme Read more
- Crisil accuses Adani Power of being non-cooperative Read more
- Hope NPCIL's talks with Westinghouse end successfully' Read more
- Domestic LNG price may drop on growing supply & poor global demand Read more
- Essar Oil: Finally, able to proceed with delisting Read more
- Major relief for solar power developers: Projects deadline extended Read more
- Climate summit: Coal will continue to be the mainstay of India's energy basket, says government official Read more
- NTPC to stay away from imports, hopes to generate power with domestic coal till September Read more
- Solar unit set up at Nedcap office in Kakinada Read more