Power News We love to talk!
Alstom T & D India Ltd today said that it has bagged a contract worth around Rs 80 crores for supplying transformers for Neyveli New Thermal Power project in Tamil Nadu. Essar Projects is responsible for the EPC works of the first lignite fired 1000 MW Neyveli power project in the country, which is being developed by Neyveli Lignite Corporation, the company said in a statement.
“Alstom T&D has been awarded one more contract by Essar Projects Ltd…to supply transformers package for Neyveli New Thermal Power Project (NNTPP),” it said. Under the scope of the contract, Alstom will be engaged in designing, engineering, manufacturing, testing, installation and commissioning of a set of generator transformers and inter-connecting transformers, among others.
“The Neyveli project is significant considering the crucial role it will play in improving the power situation in the southern region of the country. Our extensive manufacturing footprint, resources and capabilities will be mobilised to make this project a success,” company’s Managing Director Rathin Basu said.
- Government thrust on renewables cooling, say solar stakeholders Read more
- Petronet-Japanese company to build Sri Lankas first LNG terminal Read more
- Waaree Energies sees sun rising on flexible solar modules business; expects 70% growth in FY19 Read more
- PM Modi dedicates NTPC's Odisha coal mine to the nation Read more
- Oil ministry to ready road map for sectors infra Read more
- Flared gas to fire 50 MW power plant in Assam Read more
- India, Qatar working to tweak LNG deal Read more
- Coal Indias November output hit by cyclone, festivals Read more
- IEX IPO subscribed 15% on Day 1 Read more
- Empowered panel of secretaries to study pricing of coal gas produced by Essar Oil and Reliance Industries Read more