Power News We love to talk!
Alstom T & D India Ltd today said that it has bagged a contract worth around Rs 80 crores for supplying transformers for Neyveli New Thermal Power project in Tamil Nadu. Essar Projects is responsible for the EPC works of the first lignite fired 1000 MW Neyveli power project in the country, which is being developed by Neyveli Lignite Corporation, the company said in a statement.
“Alstom T&D has been awarded one more contract by Essar Projects Ltd…to supply transformers package for Neyveli New Thermal Power Project (NNTPP),” it said. Under the scope of the contract, Alstom will be engaged in designing, engineering, manufacturing, testing, installation and commissioning of a set of generator transformers and inter-connecting transformers, among others.
“The Neyveli project is significant considering the crucial role it will play in improving the power situation in the southern region of the country. Our extensive manufacturing footprint, resources and capabilities will be mobilised to make this project a success,” company’s Managing Director Rathin Basu said.
- RIL's bond risk lowest since June as gas price to rise 90% Read more
- NTPC commissions 45 MW of Bhadla solar plant Read more
- NTPC to buy 15,000MW of solar power through reverse auction Read more
- Cabinet approves signing pact for BIMSTEC countries' power grid Read more
- Storage-linked renewable energy to reach Rs. 5 kWh by 2022 Read more
- Floating solar panels, oceanarium top Kerala's wish-list for Japan loan Read more
- State discoms seek upto 26% hike in power tarrif Read more
- 'India to add 1,00,000 MW clean coal tech-based power capacity' Read more
- Oil Ministry to give CNG marketing licence Read more
- RIL, Essar face margin squeeze, pressure in key export markets Read more