Power News We love to talk!
Alstom T & D India Ltd today said that it has bagged a contract worth around Rs 80 crores for supplying transformers for Neyveli New Thermal Power project in Tamil Nadu. Essar Projects is responsible for the EPC works of the first lignite fired 1000 MW Neyveli power project in the country, which is being developed by Neyveli Lignite Corporation, the company said in a statement.
“Alstom T&D has been awarded one more contract by Essar Projects Ltd…to supply transformers package for Neyveli New Thermal Power Project (NNTPP),” it said. Under the scope of the contract, Alstom will be engaged in designing, engineering, manufacturing, testing, installation and commissioning of a set of generator transformers and inter-connecting transformers, among others.
“The Neyveli project is significant considering the crucial role it will play in improving the power situation in the southern region of the country. Our extensive manufacturing footprint, resources and capabilities will be mobilised to make this project a success,” company’s Managing Director Rathin Basu said.
- 35 power producers have signed fuel supply pacts with Coal India: Govt Read more
- Telangana set to generate 5,000 Megawatt solar power by 2019 Read more
- Ratnagiri Gas to split LNG, Power businesses for restart Read more
- Farmers to get compensation for agri land acquired for power transmission lines Read more
- Lanco in talks with four buyers for Udupi project Read more
- As demand grows, open market electricity tariff at 5-year high Read more
- UDAY discom revival plan: States not able to meet targets Read more
- Engie looking to sell 1,000MW India plant Read more
- `Tapping solar energy need of the hour' Read more
- Tata Power refinances loan for Mundra UMPP Read more