Power News We love to talk!
Alstom T & D India Ltd today said that it has bagged a contract worth around Rs 80 crores for supplying transformers for Neyveli New Thermal Power project in Tamil Nadu. Essar Projects is responsible for the EPC works of the first lignite fired 1000 MW Neyveli power project in the country, which is being developed by Neyveli Lignite Corporation, the company said in a statement.
“Alstom T&D has been awarded one more contract by Essar Projects Ltd…to supply transformers package for Neyveli New Thermal Power Project (NNTPP),” it said. Under the scope of the contract, Alstom will be engaged in designing, engineering, manufacturing, testing, installation and commissioning of a set of generator transformers and inter-connecting transformers, among others.
“The Neyveli project is significant considering the crucial role it will play in improving the power situation in the southern region of the country. Our extensive manufacturing footprint, resources and capabilities will be mobilised to make this project a success,” company’s Managing Director Rathin Basu said.
- Govts second wind auction attracts bids worth 2,898 MW Read more
- Tata Power net dips 66% Read more
- Fortum, Adani Power bag 100 MW solar plant bids Read more
- 'Common carrier' move will hit pipeline development: IOC Read more
- How savvy deals propelled JSW Energy forward Read more
- Japans JERA acquires 10% stake in ReNew Power for $200 million Read more
- Power outage hits MCH functioning Read more
- PTC India arm awards 30 mw wind energy project to Gamesa India Read more
- Private companies to bid for Rs 4,000 crore transmission projects next week Read more
- Government's stance prevails; GAIL to hire India-made LNG ships too Read more