Coal News We love to talk!
In response to a petition from Adani Power Limited (APL), the Rajasthan Electricity Regulatory Commission (RERC) has directed the state discoms to pay interim relief, i.e., additional variable cost, to the former for the electricity supplied from June 1, 2014, within six weeks from the date of issue of the present order.
The commission had granted a compensatory tariff over and above the tariff quoted in the power purchase agreement for APL’s 1,320 MW Kawai thermal power station in Rajasthan to offset the additional fuel cost due to the use of imported coal. In the present order, the commission also noted that the interim tariff granted by the commission would be applicable only from the date of issue of the order granting the same (May 30, 2015) and not retrospectively.
- Despite CILs higher production, some developers complain of low coal supply Read more
- Karnataka Escoms' losses up 57.6% in FY13 Read more
- Bharat Petroleum set to get Maharatna status Read more
- Saubhagya scheme may provide base for Indias energy shift Read more
- Punjab inks power purchase agreements Read more
- The Government of Haryana has formulated Haryana Solar Power Policy 2014 to promote the generation of power from solar energy Read more
- Piyush Goyal says 83 cancelled coal mines allocated so far Read more
- Energy policy may bring subsidy cut, price control in power, fertilisers Read more
- Bihar to be hit with big rise in power bills Read more
- Tata, R-Infra asked to explore PPA options Read more