Power News We love to talk!
Rural Electrification Corporation (REC) has disbursed a Rs 16,070-crore loan to Telangana for construction of 4,000 MW Yadadri power plant, the Power Ministry said today.
REC CMD Rajeev Sharma handed over the cheque to Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao yesterday, the Ministry said in a release.
The credit support is given to Telangana State Power Generation Corporation Ltd (TSGENCO) for setting up an ultra mega power project of capacity with 5x800 MW at Yadadri, it added.
The disbursement is the highest ever extended by REC in a single installment, it said.
Earlier, REC, a Navratna PSU, had signed an MoU with TSGENCO in February for providing the financial assistance to the extent of Rs 20,000 crore, it said.
This was to facilitate Telngana's ambitious programme of developing thermal power projects during 12th plan for capacity addition of about 4,000 MW, it added.
REC will continue to play a leading role among the development partners active in Telangana's power sector development.
REC provides loan assistance to SEBs/State Power Utilities for investments in rural electrification schemes.
- Amendments in Electricity Act 2003 Read more
- From penalties on power cuts to punishment for power theft; Government plans major reforms in Electricity Act Read more
- Customers unable to take advantage of the subsidies on solar products: Study Read more
- Energy Efficiency Services to raise $100 m via green bonds Read more
- Welspun bags 125-MW solar PV project in Madhya Pradesh Read more
- ISA plans global solar bank to finance $150 billion of power projects Read more
- Solar power plant inaugurated at VOC Port Read more
- In energy starved Indian villages, solar mini-grids light the way Read more
- Adani Group to invest in power, fertilizer plants in Jharkhand Read more
- Sell solar power to discoms under new initiative Read more