Power News We love to talk!
Rural Electrification Corporation (REC) has disbursed a Rs 16,070-crore loan to Telangana for construction of 4,000 MW Yadadri power plant, the Power Ministry said today.
REC CMD Rajeev Sharma handed over the cheque to Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao yesterday, the Ministry said in a release.
The credit support is given to Telangana State Power Generation Corporation Ltd (TSGENCO) for setting up an ultra mega power project of capacity with 5x800 MW at Yadadri, it added.
The disbursement is the highest ever extended by REC in a single installment, it said.
Earlier, REC, a Navratna PSU, had signed an MoU with TSGENCO in February for providing the financial assistance to the extent of Rs 20,000 crore, it said.
This was to facilitate Telngana's ambitious programme of developing thermal power projects during 12th plan for capacity addition of about 4,000 MW, it added.
REC will continue to play a leading role among the development partners active in Telangana's power sector development.
REC provides loan assistance to SEBs/State Power Utilities for investments in rural electrification schemes.
- AP power consumers in for steep tariff hike next fiscal Read more
- Solar, wind parks going to be flavour of coming years: Vivek Sharma, Director-Energy & Natural Resources, Crisil Read more
- Technology means slower power growth in India Read more
- Emerson automates NTPC Simhadri Stage II project Read more
- 1.3 GW solar power generation capacity added in April-July Read more
- Gail gets biggest LNG cargo in Dabhol to restart plant Read more
- Raghunathpur power project: DVC to commission first phase by March Read more
- NTPCs Director AK Jha appointed as interim CMD as incumbent Arup Roy Choudhury steps down Read more
- Coal supply to power sector eases even as sponge iron, cement suffer Read more
- Chhattisgarh to enhance its power transmission capacity Read more