Power News We love to talk!
Bosch Ltd today said that it has commissioned a 12 MW solar power project for Cochin International Airport, which was inaugurated by Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy.
"Bosch Limited, a leading supplier of technology and services, has commissioned a 12 MW solar project for Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL)," the company said in a press release.
According to the statement, the project is the single largest solar project which has been constructed in an airport in India. It is spread over 50 acres.
The project executed by Bosch Energy and Building Solutions (BEBS) team in India is estimated to generate approximately 50,000 units of electricity daily.
Through this project, coupled with an earlier installed capacity of 1.1 MW, the CIAL will technically become 'grid power neutral'.
Managing Director of CIAL V J Kurian said, "Bosch completed the project meticulously and we are happy to have the firm execute this project on time and as per standards."
"India has the potential to achieve the government's ambitious target of 100 GW of solar power generation in the country by 2022 and Bosch is committed to be a part of this success story," Managing Director of Bosch Limited Steffen Berns said in the statement.
- Northeast region adopts renewable energy to overcome power crisis Read more
- Talks on to rope in States for renewable energy mission: Goyal Read more
- Suzlon set to raise Rs800 crore from PE firms Asia Climate Partners, Olympus Read more
- Government may cut power price to boost rural supply, says Piyush Goyal Read more
- India aspiring for global leadership in climate action: Anand Mahindra Read more
- Subsidy issue: ONGCs discount to refiners exceeds current crude oil price Read more
- Gujarat: Public Notice of GERC regarding Draft GERC (Terms and Conditions of Intra-State OA) (1st Amendment) Regulations, 2013 Read more
- Investment in green technologies will benefit India,US: Sushilkumar Shinde Read more
- Committed to providing quality power: Ganta Read more
- Power staff division: CMDs of utilities to meet on April 21 Read more