Coal News We love to talk!
The inter-ministerial panel constituted for proposed auction of coal linkages through competitive bidding will meet this week.
The government is considering a policy for coal linkage auction and has sought comments from stakeholders on its draft auction methodology.
"The sixth meeting of IMC (inter-ministerial committee) constituted to consider and examine various structures and implementation models for implementing competitive bidding for auction of coal linkages/LoAs and recommending the optimal structure... will be held on August 21, 2015," a notice said.
The consultation meeting with stakeholders will be held under the Chairmanship of Coal Additional Secretary A K Dubey, the notice said.
The government had earlier said it is considering auctioning coal linkages through competitive bidding and has constituted an inter-ministerial panel to look into various models to implement it.
The move is aimed at bringing greater transparency to the allotment of linkages.
The 16-member panel, represented by ministries such as power, railways, steel and law, also has a member from NITI Aayog and Chairman and Managing Directors (CMDs) of Coal India, Singareni Collieries Company and Central Mine Planning and Design Institute (CMPDIL), among others.
- Power cos quote higher prices to Discoms Read more
- Essar Power Transmission likely to be sold to Adani Group; deal may be valued at Rs 1,800 crore Read more
- N-plant: land to be handed over to NPCIL by October Read more
- State refiners join forces in bid for better Opec oil deals Read more
- Heads of power firms to meet Moily today Read more
- US reactor suppliers must be cognizant of cost effectiveness: India's Deputy Ambassador Read more
- BHEL commissions another 600 MW thermal unit in Telangana Read more
- Fuel rates may rise by Rs 6 on global cues, crude price up 15 per cent in two weeks Read more
- NTPC violating green norms for transport of coal, says panel Read more
- India Solar Cell Makers Deny Price-Gouging Claims Read more