Coal News We love to talk!
The inter-ministerial panel constituted for proposed auction of coal linkages through competitive bidding will meet this week.
The government is considering a policy for coal linkage auction and has sought comments from stakeholders on its draft auction methodology.
"The sixth meeting of IMC (inter-ministerial committee) constituted to consider and examine various structures and implementation models for implementing competitive bidding for auction of coal linkages/LoAs and recommending the optimal structure... will be held on August 21, 2015," a notice said.
The consultation meeting with stakeholders will be held under the Chairmanship of Coal Additional Secretary A K Dubey, the notice said.
The government had earlier said it is considering auctioning coal linkages through competitive bidding and has constituted an inter-ministerial panel to look into various models to implement it.
The move is aimed at bringing greater transparency to the allotment of linkages.
The 16-member panel, represented by ministries such as power, railways, steel and law, also has a member from NITI Aayog and Chairman and Managing Directors (CMDs) of Coal India, Singareni Collieries Company and Central Mine Planning and Design Institute (CMPDIL), among others.
- Essar, Hindalco's Mahan coal block: Lobbying for 3 yrs, Greenpeace claims clearance given under pressure Read more
- IL&FS;, Sterlite Power seek Sebi nod for infra investment trusts Read more
- Power Ministry making changes in tech standards for grid connectivity Read more
- Bankers' working group bats for stressed power plants Read more
- Coal India to get new chairman ahead of key meeting: Read more
- Ahir seeks transfer of KPCL mines to WCL Read more
- Modi: India can rise again as global power Read more
- Focus on developing ERS, power utilities told Read more
- Coal block bidding: the advantage lies with existing mine owners Read more
- Surplus TN allows generators to sell power outside state Read more