Coal News We love to talk!
The inter-ministerial panel constituted for proposed auction of coal linkages through competitive bidding will meet this week.
The government is considering a policy for coal linkage auction and has sought comments from stakeholders on its draft auction methodology.
"The sixth meeting of IMC (inter-ministerial committee) constituted to consider and examine various structures and implementation models for implementing competitive bidding for auction of coal linkages/LoAs and recommending the optimal structure... will be held on August 21, 2015," a notice said.
The consultation meeting with stakeholders will be held under the Chairmanship of Coal Additional Secretary A K Dubey, the notice said.
The government had earlier said it is considering auctioning coal linkages through competitive bidding and has constituted an inter-ministerial panel to look into various models to implement it.
The move is aimed at bringing greater transparency to the allotment of linkages.
The 16-member panel, represented by ministries such as power, railways, steel and law, also has a member from NITI Aayog and Chairman and Managing Directors (CMDs) of Coal India, Singareni Collieries Company and Central Mine Planning and Design Institute (CMPDIL), among others.
- Coal India accuses Greenpeace of misleading investors Read more
- Green nods delayed due to unused clearances: MoEF Read more
- Floating solar panel more powerful than land avatar Read more
- Rail infrastructure upgrade needed for more coal from Talcher: Piyush Goyal Read more
- CIL in a rush to upgrade tech, boost output Read more
- Worlds biggest natural gas producer Gazprom eyes bigger share in India Read more
- Conventional sources generate 89-BU power in February, no change YoY Read more
- Centre decides to form committee on Subansiri project: AASU Read more
- Power producers not importing coal even at decade-low prices Read more
- ONGC plans to buy majority stake in GSPC's KG gas block Read more