Coal News We love to talk!
The inter-ministerial panel constituted for proposed auction of coal linkages through competitive bidding will meet this week.
The government is considering a policy for coal linkage auction and has sought comments from stakeholders on its draft auction methodology.
"The sixth meeting of IMC (inter-ministerial committee) constituted to consider and examine various structures and implementation models for implementing competitive bidding for auction of coal linkages/LoAs and recommending the optimal structure... will be held on August 21, 2015," a notice said.
The consultation meeting with stakeholders will be held under the Chairmanship of Coal Additional Secretary A K Dubey, the notice said.
The government had earlier said it is considering auctioning coal linkages through competitive bidding and has constituted an inter-ministerial panel to look into various models to implement it.
The move is aimed at bringing greater transparency to the allotment of linkages.
The 16-member panel, represented by ministries such as power, railways, steel and law, also has a member from NITI Aayog and Chairman and Managing Directors (CMDs) of Coal India, Singareni Collieries Company and Central Mine Planning and Design Institute (CMPDIL), among others.
- Coal Trumps Solar in India Read more
- Mahindra & Mahindra to launch electric Scorpio by 2019 Read more
- Lack of coal and gas hurts growth in power generation Read more
- Tamil Nadu to stop using imported coal for power generation, save Rs 400 crore Read more
- Coal India's supply to power utilities dips 6.8% in April Read more
- Diesel price freed `de facto', could cut subsidy bill to a third Read more
- PG course on solar energy in Kolkata Read more
- NHPC's Parbati-III plant resumes power generation Read more
- CCI to stick to Coal India's monopoly probe, won't dig into 'Coalgate' Read more
- Staff Paper on Allowing Electricity Traders to Aggregate and Disaggregate Contracts and Calculate Average Trading Margin for the transactions Read more