Coal News We love to talk!
The inter-ministerial panel constituted for proposed auction of coal linkages through competitive bidding will meet this week.
The government is considering a policy for coal linkage auction and has sought comments from stakeholders on its draft auction methodology.
"The sixth meeting of IMC (inter-ministerial committee) constituted to consider and examine various structures and implementation models for implementing competitive bidding for auction of coal linkages/LoAs and recommending the optimal structure... will be held on August 21, 2015," a notice said.
The consultation meeting with stakeholders will be held under the Chairmanship of Coal Additional Secretary A K Dubey, the notice said.
The government had earlier said it is considering auctioning coal linkages through competitive bidding and has constituted an inter-ministerial panel to look into various models to implement it.
The move is aimed at bringing greater transparency to the allotment of linkages.
The 16-member panel, represented by ministries such as power, railways, steel and law, also has a member from NITI Aayog and Chairman and Managing Directors (CMDs) of Coal India, Singareni Collieries Company and Central Mine Planning and Design Institute (CMPDIL), among others.
- BRPL partners with Bank of Baroda for payment of electricity bills Read more
- Gas from Mukesh Ambanis fields may be diverted to power plants Read more
- Coal reserves down at power plants despite CIL raising output Read more
- Mexico luring ONGC may boost Narendra Modi's energy hunt Read more
- CIL to have own railway rakes to transport coal Read more
- Coal power growth may stall as government may scrap old plants to battle climate change Read more
- CSL to go the whole hog on LNG carriers Read more
- Coalscam: CBI supplies docs to Jindal, other accused Read more
- CIL may finalise Rs 1,700-cr explosive contract on Jul 31 Read more
- Change in coal e-auction policy will hit Bhushan Power's Odisha plant Read more