Coal News We love to talk!
The inter-ministerial panel constituted for proposed auction of coal linkages through competitive bidding will meet this week.
The government is considering a policy for coal linkage auction and has sought comments from stakeholders on its draft auction methodology.
"The sixth meeting of IMC (inter-ministerial committee) constituted to consider and examine various structures and implementation models for implementing competitive bidding for auction of coal linkages/LoAs and recommending the optimal structure... will be held on August 21, 2015," a notice said.
The consultation meeting with stakeholders will be held under the Chairmanship of Coal Additional Secretary A K Dubey, the notice said.
The government had earlier said it is considering auctioning coal linkages through competitive bidding and has constituted an inter-ministerial panel to look into various models to implement it.
The move is aimed at bringing greater transparency to the allotment of linkages.
The 16-member panel, represented by ministries such as power, railways, steel and law, also has a member from NITI Aayog and Chairman and Managing Directors (CMDs) of Coal India, Singareni Collieries Company and Central Mine Planning and Design Institute (CMPDIL), among others.
- Coalmin slaps show notices on 12 firms including NTPC, SAIL Read more
- Yamaha inaugurates 4,000 KW solar power plant at Surajpur unit Read more
- New rules for compulsory solar rooftops in 3 months Read more
- ECB norms for power cos eased; RBI to issue guidelines in 7 days Read more
- Restoration of power first priority, says Chandrababu Naidu Read more
- SunEdisons head rubbishes payment risk perception in TN Read more
- Oil marketing companies want MDR levy lowered Read more
- New wind power capacity may decline to 2,500 MW in FY17: ICRA Read more
- Essar Energy: Finding Favour with Investors Read more
- PPP in power transmission a non-starter Read more