Power News We love to talk!
Sesa Sterlite and Reliance Infrastructure owned BSES Yamuna Power were among the firms that bagged IPPAI Power Awards 2015 jointly organised with Hindustan Powerprojects in New Delhi.
IPPAI Power Awards for innovation category went to Sesa Sterlite for modification to stabilize coal fired power plant, BSES Yamuna Power – IMOS, BSES Rajdhani Power – Modular Integrated Distribution Automation System (MIDAS), Reliance Infrastructure – Feeder Pillar box Design for theft control, Welspun – The methodology of laying cable in hilly terrain, JSW Energy Ltd – utilisation of surplus blast furnace gas. Other categories were Best Performing Distribution Company – Uttar Gujarat Vij Company Ltd Best Progressive State in Power Sector – Gujarat, Award for Best State to promote Renewable Energy – Tamil Nadu, Best Thermal Power Generator (cheapest producing with efficiency) – Dahanu Thermal Power Station, Reliance Infrastructure Ltd. Energy Conservation- Reliance Infrastructure, Wind forecasting Methodology-GE Renewable Energy India.
Ratul Puri, Chairman, Hindustan Powerprojects, said elaborating on the efforts to boost innovation in the sector, “We need timely commissioning of new projects and also ensure revival of stranded capacity to meet India’s surging demand for power. This can be achieved by innovative approach along with well planned risk mitigated approach hence we introduced this category to recognize the players who have been adopting this route.”
“The Indian power sector requires intervention from the regulators and government bodies to sustain the momentum of growth. We should continue to organize such platforms to engage all stakeholders for inclusive development of the sector.” said Ravi Arya, President, Thermal, HPPPL.
This year also witnessed the launch of the Award for Innovation that recognises an entity’s innovative contribution towards waste to energy, waste heat to energy, energy storage and other such energy efficiency related activities in the power sector.
IPPAI Power Awards, supported by the Ministry of Power, the Ministry of New & Renewable Energy and the Ministry of Coal, are held annually as part of the Regulators & Policymakers Retreat, an interactive flagship event hosted by IPPAI.
- OPINION: Stop power theft, for Indias sake Read more
- Parliamentary panel for formulation of new hydro power policy Read more
- Kerala energy minister sanctions 50,000 power connections, land for hydro project Read more
- Wheels India signs tech agreement with Spanish company for wind components Read more
- Court orders framing of charges against ex-coal secretary, others Read more
- Centre weighing lower safeguard duty on solar cells Read more
- Coal India to focus on higher coal output Read more
- Monnet Ispat to surrender Odisha coal block bagged in auction Read more
- Adani hikes CNG, PNG price in Ahmedabad, Vadodara Read more
- Apex court verdict on Kudankulam n-plant tomorrow Read more