Power News We love to talk!
Toshiba JSW has bagged an order worth Rs 3,436 crore for setting up a 660 MW thermal power plant in Aligarh district from Uttar Pradesh Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Ltd.
"Toshiba JSW Power Systems Private Ltd (Toshiba JSW), a Toshiba Group company based in Chennai, has been awarded a full EPC Contract by UPRVUNL, wholly owned state thermal power utility with present generating capacity of 4933 MW," a press release said.
The value of the contract is over Rs 3,436 crore (USD 520 million), it said.
Toshiba JSW will carry out Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) of the entire thermal power plant, including civil and boiler island package to be completed within 48 month from the Contract award.
The Harduaganj Ultra-supercritical Thermal Power Plant of UPRVUNL, located in Aligarh district, is expected to be commissioned in September, 2019.
"We are very honoured to once again work with UPRVUNL for Harduaganj Ultra Supercritical Thermal Power Project to provide ultra supercritical thermal power plant," Managing Director of Toshiba JSW Yoshiaki Inayama said in the statement.
In January 2014, Toshiba Corporation reinforced its thermal power generation business in India by integrating the engineering function of Toshiba India Pvt Ltd into Toshiba JSW Turbine and Generator Pvt Ltd, a manufacturer of turbines and generators based in Chennai, Tamil Nadu state.
The company, renamed Toshiba JSW Power Systems Pvt Ltd, is positioned to provide full EPC solutions for thermal power plants, and is working to expand its business in India and the surrounding region.
- UP Minister suggests Centre to set up hydro power plants in Nepal Read more
- Goyal to chair state power ministers conference Read more
- CIL may allot extra coal produced to power plants Read more
- Coal India ready for conciliation as unions threaten strike Read more
- Sembcorp Utilities raises stake in Thermal Powertech Read more
- Centres green nod to Rs 9,747-cr Khurja Thermal Power Project in Uttar Pradesh Read more
- Navabharat Power in Coalgate charge sheet for fraudulent claims Read more
- MNRE secretary says govt planning to compensate solar cos in case of back-down Read more
- Government will revive state discoms, says Jayant Sinha Read more
- Army looks to tap renewables to supply power to jawans deployed at high altitudes Read more