Power News We love to talk!
Toshiba JSW has bagged an order worth Rs 3,436 crore for setting up a 660 MW thermal power plant in Aligarh district from Uttar Pradesh Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Ltd.
"Toshiba JSW Power Systems Private Ltd (Toshiba JSW), a Toshiba Group company based in Chennai, has been awarded a full EPC Contract by UPRVUNL, wholly owned state thermal power utility with present generating capacity of 4933 MW," a press release said.
The value of the contract is over Rs 3,436 crore (USD 520 million), it said.
Toshiba JSW will carry out Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) of the entire thermal power plant, including civil and boiler island package to be completed within 48 month from the Contract award.
The Harduaganj Ultra-supercritical Thermal Power Plant of UPRVUNL, located in Aligarh district, is expected to be commissioned in September, 2019.
"We are very honoured to once again work with UPRVUNL for Harduaganj Ultra Supercritical Thermal Power Project to provide ultra supercritical thermal power plant," Managing Director of Toshiba JSW Yoshiaki Inayama said in the statement.
In January 2014, Toshiba Corporation reinforced its thermal power generation business in India by integrating the engineering function of Toshiba India Pvt Ltd into Toshiba JSW Turbine and Generator Pvt Ltd, a manufacturer of turbines and generators based in Chennai, Tamil Nadu state.
The company, renamed Toshiba JSW Power Systems Pvt Ltd, is positioned to provide full EPC solutions for thermal power plants, and is working to expand its business in India and the surrounding region.
- US, India in talks to settle solar power trade dispute Read more
- Govt issues cross border electricity trade guidelines Read more
- Competition Commission clears Reliance Infra-Adani transmission deal Read more
- Power play in South Asia to energise India's hold among Saarc countries Read more
- Jindal Steel wins Rs 500 cr order from Power Grid Read more
- Coal Ministry mulls fuel linkages for discoms Read more
- No coal block given away during my tenure Read more
- Kolkata airport to go green with 15 MW solar power plant Read more
- Discoms default may lead to power woes in Delhi Read more
- Gas supply from KG Basin isolated wells: SMEs seek ministry assistance Read more