Power News We love to talk!
State governments have been asked to expedite the renewable energy capacity addition for the 12th Plan (2012-2017) to ensure optimal utilisation of the transmission infrastructure under Green Energy Corridor.
This was said at a meeting chaired by the Power Secretary Pradeep Kumar Pujari, and attended by State government officials, in August. The meeting was also attended by officials of private sector companies such as Adani Power, Adani Transmission, Sterlite Grid, and Reliance Power Transmission. The minutes of the meeting were made public on Tuesday.
Green Energy Corridors will come up under two categories. Corridor-I includes transmission systems at the intra-State level, which envisages an investment of Rs. 13,946 crore as well as an inter-State transmission system, which will have an investment of Rs. 15,074 crore.
Corridor-II will be to provide transmission infrastructure for the ultra mega solar power parks. Of these, transmission infrastructure for the 1,500 MW NP Kunta Solar Park in Andhra Pradesh is under implementation, while tendering for the Rewa Solar Park and Karnataka Solar Park is under process.
It was also decided at the meeting that State governments will ask renewable energy developers to set up projects close to the six pooling stations under Corridor-I.
While expressing worries about the underutilisation of the transmission infrastructure, it was decided at the meeting to keep building the infrastructure to ensure renewable energy integration can happen as and when the projects come up.
- Ministry targets 1 lakh MW from renewables in 5 years Read more
- Government aims to achieve 40,000 MW of power from rooftop solar projects by 2022 Read more
- Karnataka cautious over Cauvery power projects owing to water dispute with Tamilnadu Read more
- Haryana to implement solar-based micro irrigation schemes in all districts Read more
- India, Russia to remove hurdles to nuclear plant at Kudankulam Read more
- Reliance Group enters into partnership with China Ming Yang Read more
- Larsen & Toubro bags new orders worth Rs 1247 cr Read more
- Go for LED lighting of streets, minister urges AMC Read more
- International Solar Alliance's headquarters agreement signed Read more
- Karnataka to import 1,000 MW power Read more