Coal News We love to talk!
Prime Minister Narendra Modi met with U.S. Secretary of Energy Ernest Moniz here to discuss collaboration in renewable energy between both nations.
Following this, the Prime Minister will have a round table on renewable energy with Moniz and other US officials.
Moniz and Minister of State with Independent Charge for Power, Coal, and New and Renewable Energy Piyush Goyal had earlier on September 23 co-chaired the U.S.-India Energy Dialogue in Washington DC and held discussions on their mutual goals for combating climate change, ensuring energy security, and fostering economic growth.
The two sides discussed ongoing work of five of the established working groups (power and energy efficiency, oil and gas, new technology and renewable energy, coal, and sustainable growth) and welcomed the formation of the new working group on research arm of PACE.
The duo convened a series of meetings in September to review progress in these areas since President Barack Obama and Prime Minister Modi agreed in September 2014 to a new and enhanced strategic partnership on energy security, clean energy and climate change, including strengthening and expanding the highly successful U.S.-India Partnership to Advance Clean Energy (PACE).
Earlier, the Prime Minister visited the offices of Facebook and Google where he met with the respected CEOs and interacted with the employees.
- GAIL India inks agreement to buy 2.5 million tonnes of LNG from US-based firm Read more
- Welspun Renewables inks pact with Germany's iPLON Read more
- NSG membership: Clean energy has strong bilateral dimension, says India Read more
- Conventional electricity generation rises 7.2 per cent Read more
- Government to contribute Rs 600 crore to nuclear pool Read more
- Social security incomplete without energy security: Goyal Read more
- India needs Rs 9 lakh crore energy investment annually till 2040 to meet demand: IEA Read more
- India's august fuel sales up 7.8%: Govt Read more
- Cairn India seeks to export oil despite ban: Report Read more
- GAIL in talks to acquire Dabhols 5 mtpa regasification terminal Read more