Coal News We love to talk!
Prime Minister Narendra Modi met with U.S. Secretary of Energy Ernest Moniz here to discuss collaboration in renewable energy between both nations.
Following this, the Prime Minister will have a round table on renewable energy with Moniz and other US officials.
Moniz and Minister of State with Independent Charge for Power, Coal, and New and Renewable Energy Piyush Goyal had earlier on September 23 co-chaired the U.S.-India Energy Dialogue in Washington DC and held discussions on their mutual goals for combating climate change, ensuring energy security, and fostering economic growth.
The two sides discussed ongoing work of five of the established working groups (power and energy efficiency, oil and gas, new technology and renewable energy, coal, and sustainable growth) and welcomed the formation of the new working group on research arm of PACE.
The duo convened a series of meetings in September to review progress in these areas since President Barack Obama and Prime Minister Modi agreed in September 2014 to a new and enhanced strategic partnership on energy security, clean energy and climate change, including strengthening and expanding the highly successful U.S.-India Partnership to Advance Clean Energy (PACE).
Earlier, the Prime Minister visited the offices of Facebook and Google where he met with the respected CEOs and interacted with the employees.
- Essar Power likely to commission Mahan I project 2nd unit this fiscal Read more
- Cross-subsidy of power tariffs lure businesses to solar energy Read more
- Maharashtra malls, hospitals, govt offices set to follow energy conservation rules Read more
- Choice of tech for power plant questioned Read more
- CIL to seek shareholders' nod to extend CMD's tenure till 2017 Read more
- Spot sale gives Coal India 66 per cent premium during April December Read more
- Indian power consultancy firm offers its services to Pakistan Read more
- CII Summit: Renewable energy sector witnesses 68,000 crore fund flow Read more
- Coal scam: Criminal conspiracy, cheating charges slapped against former Coal Secy HC Gupta Read more
- 6.5 lakh people give up LPG subsidy Read more