Power News We love to talk!
On the eve of one year of Hudhud making a landfall at Visakhapatnam, Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu stressed the need for developing indigenous Emergency Restoration Systems (ERS) in the power sector along the lines of similar mechanisms adopted by western countries.
He exhorted public sector power utilities to be prepared to restore power supply within 24 hours of a calamity without comprising on the quality of power, according to a press release issued by State Energy Conservation Mission CEO A. Chandra Sekhar Reddy.
Mr. Naidu said a special course on disaster management in power sector would be introduced in the proposed energy university coming up in the capital city of Amaravati.
Round-the-clock relief operations by 10,000 personnel during Hudhud would be a case study for future generations, he said.
The cost of laying underground cables in the coastal areas was pegged at Rs. 10,000 crore.
A sum of Rs. 50 crore had been sanctioned for developing ERS in cyclone-prone areas and 25 towers have been kept ready for any emergencies.
Besides, gas-insulated and indoor substations have been planned in cities and towns and transmission lines in coastal areas were being designed to withstand wind velocity exceeding 300 kmph.
- Gujarat government to set up two new LNG terminals of 10 MMTPA Read more
- R-Power Tato-II project: Environment ministry waits for power ministry's report Read more
- BHEL aims to reduce dependence on power business to 50 per cent in 10 years Read more
- Gujarat provides subsidy to 2000 consumers for purchasing 2-wheeler EVs Read more
- Tangedco refuses to buy power from Vallur unit Read more
- Army looks to tap renewables to supply power to jawans deployed at high altitudes Read more
- Solar capacity addition to touch 5,700 MW in FY17 Read more
- Over 15,000 MW capacity plants stuck due to zero supply by RIL Read more
- $6-billion KG basin project not feasible at current oil prices, ONGC may seek government help Read more
- DPR of two hydro projects in Chamoli ready: Goyal Read more