Power News We love to talk!
On the eve of one year of Hudhud making a landfall at Visakhapatnam, Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu stressed the need for developing indigenous Emergency Restoration Systems (ERS) in the power sector along the lines of similar mechanisms adopted by western countries.
He exhorted public sector power utilities to be prepared to restore power supply within 24 hours of a calamity without comprising on the quality of power, according to a press release issued by State Energy Conservation Mission CEO A. Chandra Sekhar Reddy.
Mr. Naidu said a special course on disaster management in power sector would be introduced in the proposed energy university coming up in the capital city of Amaravati.
Round-the-clock relief operations by 10,000 personnel during Hudhud would be a case study for future generations, he said.
The cost of laying underground cables in the coastal areas was pegged at Rs. 10,000 crore.
A sum of Rs. 50 crore had been sanctioned for developing ERS in cyclone-prone areas and 25 towers have been kept ready for any emergencies.
Besides, gas-insulated and indoor substations have been planned in cities and towns and transmission lines in coastal areas were being designed to withstand wind velocity exceeding 300 kmph.
- Energy cooperation: South Asian nations to meet soon, says Bangladesh FinMin Read more
- Rockwell bets big on solar cold chain machines Read more
- ONGC, Petronet & IOC in talks to buy into Russian project Read more
- Vallur thermal units down, Tamil Nadu relies on wind energy Read more
- India needs 4 times defence budget to meet 2020 coal target Read more
- An iSocket 3G power outlet that sends texts when power goes out; priced at $199 Read more
- Adani & SunEdison to invest $4 billion in solar PV plant in Gujarat Read more
- 'Adani to decide on investment in $21.7 billion Australia coal mine soon' Read more
- Essel Infraprojects appoints Investec to find buyer for its solar power business Read more
- Power generation in Gujarat unaffected due to coal shortage: Saurabhbhai Patel Read more