Power News We love to talk!
The State government built 1431 check dams at a cost of Rs.4.5 crore in Kanyakumari district, said Collector Sajjansingh R. Chavan here on Tuesday.
Inspecting various schemes being implemented under the Department of Agriculture Engineering at Thovalai and Rajakkamangalam Panchayat Unions, Mr. Chavan said that 3868 farmers had been given agriculture equipment to the tune of 7.74 crore across the district.
The government had spent Rs.4.22 crore for construction of 1398 dry and wire meshed check dams and under the Irrigated Agriculture Modernisation and Waterbodies Restoration and Management Scheme with the funds allocated under the Western Ghats Development Scheme and had constructed 33 check dams at a cost of Rs. 45.13 lakh under the Management of Rain and Floodwater Scheme.
Mr. Chavan inspected the functioning of equipment for digging pits distributed to Pushpalakshmi of Vembanur in Viralivilai and a tractor given to M. Michael Nixon at Aralvoimozhi and a subsidy of Rs. 3.04,480 for solar pump to John Albert of Thovalai. The farmer can irrigate his 3.5 acre of land with drip irrigation with the help of solar water pump.
Personal Assistant to Collector (Agriculture) M. Nizamuddin, Executive Engineer (Agri. Engineering) Anandaraj and a trainee officer Abu Ushiah accompanied the Collector.
- PM Modi underlines consolidated approach to complete infrastructure projects Read more
- SECI named nodal agency to set up 2.5GW wind-solar hybrid project Read more
- Greenko to raise $1 billion through dollar bonds route Read more
- India will add 8.5-GW renewable energy in FY19, says ICRA Read more
- Railways step up efforts to electrify more routes to save energy cost Read more
- India not to levy anti-dumping duties on solar cells, panels Read more
- National lab policy for renewable energy soon Read more
- IDFC arm raises Rs250 crore to refinance two solar plants Read more
- Solar power booming in Kochi Read more
- New power tariff policy supports low rates, smart tech Read more