Power News We love to talk!
The State government built 1431 check dams at a cost of Rs.4.5 crore in Kanyakumari district, said Collector Sajjansingh R. Chavan here on Tuesday.
Inspecting various schemes being implemented under the Department of Agriculture Engineering at Thovalai and Rajakkamangalam Panchayat Unions, Mr. Chavan said that 3868 farmers had been given agriculture equipment to the tune of 7.74 crore across the district.
The government had spent Rs.4.22 crore for construction of 1398 dry and wire meshed check dams and under the Irrigated Agriculture Modernisation and Waterbodies Restoration and Management Scheme with the funds allocated under the Western Ghats Development Scheme and had constructed 33 check dams at a cost of Rs. 45.13 lakh under the Management of Rain and Floodwater Scheme.
Mr. Chavan inspected the functioning of equipment for digging pits distributed to Pushpalakshmi of Vembanur in Viralivilai and a tractor given to M. Michael Nixon at Aralvoimozhi and a subsidy of Rs. 3.04,480 for solar pump to John Albert of Thovalai. The farmer can irrigate his 3.5 acre of land with drip irrigation with the help of solar water pump.
Personal Assistant to Collector (Agriculture) M. Nizamuddin, Executive Engineer (Agri. Engineering) Anandaraj and a trainee officer Abu Ushiah accompanied the Collector.
- MNRE selects Aryans College of Engineering for green campus Read more
- Power deficit dips further, hits fresh record low of 2.4% Read more
- MESCOM bags 27 awards Read more
- Renewable Energy will reach 49 percent in India by 2040: Report Read more
- Government identifies 12 locations for setting up new solar parks Read more
- Brookfield may buy Continuums assets Read more
- Mahanadi Coalfields launches app to monitor mining operations Read more
- Railways to set up Rs. 200-crore solar power plant in Bhilai Read more
- Vikram Solar signs MoU with Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology Read more
- Adani's solar equipment mfg facility may commence by year-end Read more