Power News We love to talk!
The State government built 1431 check dams at a cost of Rs.4.5 crore in Kanyakumari district, said Collector Sajjansingh R. Chavan here on Tuesday.
Inspecting various schemes being implemented under the Department of Agriculture Engineering at Thovalai and Rajakkamangalam Panchayat Unions, Mr. Chavan said that 3868 farmers had been given agriculture equipment to the tune of 7.74 crore across the district.
The government had spent Rs.4.22 crore for construction of 1398 dry and wire meshed check dams and under the Irrigated Agriculture Modernisation and Waterbodies Restoration and Management Scheme with the funds allocated under the Western Ghats Development Scheme and had constructed 33 check dams at a cost of Rs. 45.13 lakh under the Management of Rain and Floodwater Scheme.
Mr. Chavan inspected the functioning of equipment for digging pits distributed to Pushpalakshmi of Vembanur in Viralivilai and a tractor given to M. Michael Nixon at Aralvoimozhi and a subsidy of Rs. 3.04,480 for solar pump to John Albert of Thovalai. The farmer can irrigate his 3.5 acre of land with drip irrigation with the help of solar water pump.
Personal Assistant to Collector (Agriculture) M. Nizamuddin, Executive Engineer (Agri. Engineering) Anandaraj and a trainee officer Abu Ushiah accompanied the Collector.
- Kannur airport to be fully solar-powered Read more
- UERC notifies draft amendments to regulations on renewable energy tariff Read more
- Industrial Energy Ltd launches solar micro grid project in Odisha Read more
- Green bonds can potentially fund renewable energy, says CRISIL report Read more
- South India has become power surplus: Goyal Read more
- IL&FS; to list wind energy assets as InvIT to raise Rs2,000 crore Read more
- KCR pitches for coal linkage at meeting with Piyush Goyal Read more
- Centre to give PSUs Rs. 1,000 cr for grid-connected solar projects Read more
- Competition to help grow Electric Vehicle market: Chinese BYD Read more
- Gamesa building Rs 800 crorefacility in Andhra Pradesh's Nellore Read more