Power News We love to talk!
The State government built 1431 check dams at a cost of Rs.4.5 crore in Kanyakumari district, said Collector Sajjansingh R. Chavan here on Tuesday.
Inspecting various schemes being implemented under the Department of Agriculture Engineering at Thovalai and Rajakkamangalam Panchayat Unions, Mr. Chavan said that 3868 farmers had been given agriculture equipment to the tune of 7.74 crore across the district.
The government had spent Rs.4.22 crore for construction of 1398 dry and wire meshed check dams and under the Irrigated Agriculture Modernisation and Waterbodies Restoration and Management Scheme with the funds allocated under the Western Ghats Development Scheme and had constructed 33 check dams at a cost of Rs. 45.13 lakh under the Management of Rain and Floodwater Scheme.
Mr. Chavan inspected the functioning of equipment for digging pits distributed to Pushpalakshmi of Vembanur in Viralivilai and a tractor given to M. Michael Nixon at Aralvoimozhi and a subsidy of Rs. 3.04,480 for solar pump to John Albert of Thovalai. The farmer can irrigate his 3.5 acre of land with drip irrigation with the help of solar water pump.
Personal Assistant to Collector (Agriculture) M. Nizamuddin, Executive Engineer (Agri. Engineering) Anandaraj and a trainee officer Abu Ushiah accompanied the Collector.
- MSMEs yet to tap solar energy Read more
- Inox Wind needs more than upbeat commentary Read more
- NITI Aayog ready with draft of national energy policy Read more
- Solar energy to become main pillar in Indias renewables target Read more
- GE to set up Centre of Excellence for skill development in Coimbatore Read more
- Solar power developers flouting domestic content norms may face penal action Read more
- Power Import by Solar Plants during non-generation hours to be billed at temporary HTP category tariff Read more
- Railways plans to set up 1,000 Megawatt solar power generation capacity Read more
- Power-starved Meghalaya eyeing renewable energy Read more
- ADB approves $175 mn loan to Power Grid Corp Read more