Power News We love to talk!
The State government built 1431 check dams at a cost of Rs.4.5 crore in Kanyakumari district, said Collector Sajjansingh R. Chavan here on Tuesday.
Inspecting various schemes being implemented under the Department of Agriculture Engineering at Thovalai and Rajakkamangalam Panchayat Unions, Mr. Chavan said that 3868 farmers had been given agriculture equipment to the tune of 7.74 crore across the district.
The government had spent Rs.4.22 crore for construction of 1398 dry and wire meshed check dams and under the Irrigated Agriculture Modernisation and Waterbodies Restoration and Management Scheme with the funds allocated under the Western Ghats Development Scheme and had constructed 33 check dams at a cost of Rs. 45.13 lakh under the Management of Rain and Floodwater Scheme.
Mr. Chavan inspected the functioning of equipment for digging pits distributed to Pushpalakshmi of Vembanur in Viralivilai and a tractor given to M. Michael Nixon at Aralvoimozhi and a subsidy of Rs. 3.04,480 for solar pump to John Albert of Thovalai. The farmer can irrigate his 3.5 acre of land with drip irrigation with the help of solar water pump.
Personal Assistant to Collector (Agriculture) M. Nizamuddin, Executive Engineer (Agri. Engineering) Anandaraj and a trainee officer Abu Ushiah accompanied the Collector.
- Wind power: Collusive bidding in offing? Turbine makers tell developers not to bid aggressively Read more
- Per capita energy consumption fell 0.6% in FY14 Read more
- NTPC to set up solar power plant Read more
- Power-starved Meghalaya eyeing renewable energy Read more
- NLC plans to set up 100-MW solar power plant Read more
- Cochin International Airport inks deal to set up solar plants in Ghana Read more
- AP sets solar target of 4,000 MW in two years Read more
- Mytrah Energy plans up to $300 million fundraising Read more
- 'Tamil Nadu Govt to set up solar panels atop Chennai Corpn buildings"c Read more
- Startups in India to get Rs 320 cr booster shot, courtesy oil companies, but there is a catch Read more