Power News We love to talk!
Solar module manufacturer Vikram Solar today said it has concluded an agreement with British Solar Renewables ( BSR) to supply modules with a total output of 30 MW.
"BSR will be installing the PID-resistant Eldora Ultima modules in their upcoming solar parks with a total output of 80 MW, to be finished by the end of March 2016," Vikram Solar said in a statement. Macquarie Bank has agreed to provide the financial backing for the projects, it said.
Before signing the supply agreement, British Solar Renewables conducted due diligence on both Vikram Solar and the Eldora Ultima modules, it added.
Vikram Solar's tier 1 status, the financial stability of the Vikram Group and the technical quality of the products were among the decisive criteria in favour of the collaboration, it said adding that the supplementary reinsurance from solar will cover replacement modules as needed.
"The collaboration with British Solar Renewables fits well with our goal of making Vikram Solar modules available across the market and recruiting the best partners in each market segment," Vikram Solar MD and CEO Gyanesh Chaudhary said in a statement.
"In Vikram we have found a technology partner who meets our high engineering standards while being cost-efficient," British Solar Renewables CEO Angus MacDonald said.
- Coal ministry plans to revise equipment purchase policy Read more
- Solar Impulse 2 shatters records in historic Pacific flight, reaches Hawaii Read more
- Coal India to launch coal auction for power companies with flexible lifting Read more
- Global solar energy installations to cross 54 GW this year: Report Read more
- Heavy Industry Ministry seeks higher import duty on power equipment Read more
- Coal production surges 11% in first 45 days of 2015-16 amid core sector misery Read more
- India will be one of the worlds top 5 solar markets by 2020 Read more
- Azure Power appoints Sushil Bhagat as CFO Read more
- Long associated with coal, NTPC seen as key to clean energy thrust Read more
- ABB installs 2 GW of solar power inverters in India Read more