Power News We love to talk!
Welspun Renewables, India's largest private solar power producer, today said it's committed to helping address environmental issues through its 'Disruptive Innovations Lab'.
"Under the programme, the company has launched initiatives like 'Green Heroes' that enable development and adoption of sustainable models to tackle wider issues like climate change and social inclusion," the company said in a statement here.
The Green Hero campaign is aimed at identifying individuals who are making their surroundings and in turn the world, greener and healthier.
"Welspun Renewables has decided to partner with Narayana Peesapaty and create awareness for his edible cutlery initiative that offers a healthy and environment-friendly alternative to non bio-degradable plastic cutlery," it said.
Vineet Mittal, Vice-Chairman Welspun Renewables, said all of the company's initiatives are focussed on giving back to society.
"Under the umbrella of our Disruptive Innovations Lab, we have adopted a multi-pronged approach with which we work with our stakeholders for positive action to tackle climate change.
"While institutional efforts continue to garner recognition, it is critical that due notice be paid to individual efforts. Disruptive solutions from environment crusaders like Narayana Peesapaty should be encouraged," he said.
Narayana Peesapaty hopes to encourage farmers to grow more millet crops as an alternative to rice through edible cutlery.
Paddy fields are known to cause groundwater depletion in the long run and by increased millet cultivation, this depletion can be arrested.
- Essar Oil's fuel exports to fall in 2018/19 as focus shifts to local sales Read more
- CLP India and Suzlon form JV for 100 MW Telangana solar project Read more
- Power distribution reforms: All is not well for states tariff revision Read more
- Lumbering state companies become hot stock market bet Read more
- 30 coal mines allocated to private sector in three tranches of auction: Govt Read more
- Banks urged to finance rooftop solar units in Dakshina Kannada district Read more
- Riding on reforms, private players bet big on power transmission Read more
- EESL to install energy-efficient LEDs across all airports in India Read more
- Wake up to energy needs of EVs Read more
- Sany group, Andhra sign MoU; to invest Rs 4,000-cr in wind projects Read more