Power News We love to talk!
Engineering firm Waaree Energies has bagged a contract to set up a 75 MW solar project in Gujarat. "Waaree Energies has bagged an EPC contract for a 75 MW solar power plant from a company engaged in electricity generation, transmission and distribution in Gujarat," the company said in a statement today.
The scope of the work includes design, manufacture, supply, installation, operation and maintenance of the solar power plant, which is scheduled to get commissioned by March next year.
"This will be one of the biggest solar plants to be built in western India at a single location. This contract gives us a further impetus in implementing the turnkey projects in the solar sector," company's Director Viren Doshi said.
- PowerGrid to sign contract with Ethiopian firm; net up 40% Read more
- Independent agencies to check quality of coal supplied by Coal India to power firms Read more
- NTPC's Madhya Pradesh power plant gets green backing from panel Read more
- Suzlon bags 370 MW orders in first three months of 2014 Read more
- Andhra Pradesh embarks on mission to reduce power bills Read more
- Solar sector gets the short shift in hunt for cheaper power Read more
- Government colleges set to tap solar power Read more
- New bidding guidelines for solar power projects a positive for the sector: ICRA Read more
- US may help Narendra Modi government achieve target of 100 gigawatt of solar power Read more
- KPMG foresees solar tariff at Rs. 3.59 in ten years Read more