Power News We love to talk!
Engineering firm Waaree Energies has bagged a contract to set up a 75 MW solar project in Gujarat. "Waaree Energies has bagged an EPC contract for a 75 MW solar power plant from a company engaged in electricity generation, transmission and distribution in Gujarat," the company said in a statement today.
The scope of the work includes design, manufacture, supply, installation, operation and maintenance of the solar power plant, which is scheduled to get commissioned by March next year.
"This will be one of the biggest solar plants to be built in western India at a single location. This contract gives us a further impetus in implementing the turnkey projects in the solar sector," company's Director Viren Doshi said.
- Goa moving closer to achieve total LED street lighting by May 2017 Read more
- Decks cleared for Adanis coal project in Australia: Envoy Read more
- Jindal Steel and Power's Africa unit says to build $400 million Mozambique power plant Read more
- M K Goel appointed as JERC Chairman for Goa, Union Territories Read more
- APTEL asks SERCs to Plan, Pursue & Ensure RPO compliance Read more
- PSU oil companies book 60% floating terminal capacity of Swan Energy Ltd Read more
- Note recall likely to make solar energy cheaper in the long run Read more
- 12,033 un-electrified villages provided power, says power minister Goyal Read more
- Months after coal auctions, little action on the ground Read more
- BHEL, PowerGrid among 5 PSUs setting up mega solar power project Read more