Power News We love to talk!
Engineering firm Waaree Energies has bagged a contract to set up a 75 MW solar project in Gujarat. "Waaree Energies has bagged an EPC contract for a 75 MW solar power plant from a company engaged in electricity generation, transmission and distribution in Gujarat," the company said in a statement today.
The scope of the work includes design, manufacture, supply, installation, operation and maintenance of the solar power plant, which is scheduled to get commissioned by March next year.
"This will be one of the biggest solar plants to be built in western India at a single location. This contract gives us a further impetus in implementing the turnkey projects in the solar sector," company's Director Viren Doshi said.
- Asia-Pacific region to overtake Europe in installed solar photovoltaic capacity by 2025: GlobalData Read more
- Moody's downgrades Tata Power to negative Read more
- EPGL produces 23 per cent more electricity at Salaya plant in Gujarat Read more
- Six states to discuss conservation of Western Ghats, livelihood Read more
- Diesel decontrol sparks fresh hopes for pvt oil marketers Read more
- Electricity dept. to hold public hearing to address consumer grievances Read more
- DERC launches investigation of recent power disruptions Read more
- Clean energy: US to place investment officer in India Read more
- Clean Energy Fund to give cheaper loans Read more
- SPIPA installs 65-kw solar roof-top unit Read more