Power News We love to talk!
With an aim to tap non- conventional energy sources in a major way, a grid connected solar roof top unit was commissioned at a building in Nishta Parisar which is an office of the Madhya Pradesh Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitran Company Limited (MPMKVVL).
The unit which was commissioned yesterday is a part of five MW grid connected solar power project that is being implemented by RattanIndia Solar, a RattanIndia group company, on more than 80 government buildings in Madhya Pradesh across cities of Bhopal, Indore and Jabalpur, a release said today.
These projects will serve as a pilot in showcasing benefit of solar solutions and will promote mass adoption of the same, it said. This project will not only help in cutting down the energy bills but will also ensure clean energy with zero carbon footprints. The plant was inaugurated by the Madhya Pradesh New & Renewable Energy Minister Rajendra Shukla.
He said on the occasion that only rooftop net metering system will bring solar energy revolution in Madhya Pradesh. More and more solar panels will be seen on rooftops of buildings in the state in coming time.
Referring to steps taken by the state government in tapping solar energy in a major way, Shukla said that Asia's biggest solar power plant of 135 MW capacity has been installed in the state and world's biggest 750 MW solar power plant is going to be set up at Rewa, the release said.
He said that open area has shrunk during present days. Therefore, rooftop net metering system is the best alternative.
- Discoms don't share details, babus wink at refusal, says CAG Read more
- Lumbering state companies become hot stock market bet Read more
- TVS Shriram Growth Fund acquires 4% stake in Indian Energy Exchange Read more
- BHEL commissions captive solar photo voltaic power plant in Trichy Read more
- PPA with NTPC raises questions of tariff overload Read more
- Central Government starts action on RE-Invest commitments Read more
- Tech Mahindras internal microgrid startup signs MoU with Himachal State Electricity Board Read more
- India's 1st solar mission to help address some problems in solar physics: ISRO Read more
- US wants to link power pacts with climate change agreement Read more
- Power and Coal Minister Piyush Goyal to meet Narendra Modi; to set priorities for power sector Read more