Coal News We love to talk!
Taking forward the process of fourth round of coal mines auction, the government has organised a pre-bid conference this week in which the queries of the prospective bidders would be clarified.
The government had earlier this month kick-started the process for the fourth tranche of e-auctioning of eight coal blocks.
"...the pre-bid conference for fourth tranche of e-auction of coal mines is scheduled to be held on December 4, 2015," a Coal Ministry memorandum said.
The Coal Ministry further requested other ministries, including steel, to nominate their representatives to participate in the conference.
The next round of mines auction is slated to be held between January 18-22 next year.
The last three rounds of auction have generated proceeds of more than Rs 3 lakh crore, which would be realised over 30 years by states where the mines are located.
The eight mines to be auctioned in the fourth round would be for non-regulated sectors like iron and steel, cement and captive power plants, the government had earlier said.
The coal blocks to be put under the hammer include Brahmapuri and Suliyari in Madhya Pradesh, Bundu and Gondulpura in Jharkhand, Gondkhari and Khappa & Extn in Maharashtra and Jaganathpur A and Jaganathpur B in West Bengal. The Supreme Court in September last year had cancelled allocation of 204 coal mines to companies without auction.
- Centre to auction ten coal mines in third round by Aug Read more
- Indias Coal Bed Methane production jumped more than 44 percent to 565 MMSCM last fiscal Read more
- Yes Bank to raise Rs 500 crore for green energy projects Read more
- Narendra Modi's electricity push fails to light rural India Read more
- SunEdison scoops up Continuums Wind in biggest clean energy buyout Read more
- ReNew Power Ventures raises Rs 500 crore through green bonds Read more
- HC finds solution to power issue Read more
- Solar price may be 10% below coal power rates by 2020: report Read more
- Engie looking to sell 1,000MW India plant Read more
- MERC trues-up financials and determines ARR for RInfras transmission business Read more