Coal News We love to talk!
Taking forward the process of fourth round of coal mines auction, the government has organised a pre-bid conference this week in which the queries of the prospective bidders would be clarified.
The government had earlier this month kick-started the process for the fourth tranche of e-auctioning of eight coal blocks.
"...the pre-bid conference for fourth tranche of e-auction of coal mines is scheduled to be held on December 4, 2015," a Coal Ministry memorandum said.
The Coal Ministry further requested other ministries, including steel, to nominate their representatives to participate in the conference.
The next round of mines auction is slated to be held between January 18-22 next year.
The last three rounds of auction have generated proceeds of more than Rs 3 lakh crore, which would be realised over 30 years by states where the mines are located.
The eight mines to be auctioned in the fourth round would be for non-regulated sectors like iron and steel, cement and captive power plants, the government had earlier said.
The coal blocks to be put under the hammer include Brahmapuri and Suliyari in Madhya Pradesh, Bundu and Gondulpura in Jharkhand, Gondkhari and Khappa & Extn in Maharashtra and Jaganathpur A and Jaganathpur B in West Bengal. The Supreme Court in September last year had cancelled allocation of 204 coal mines to companies without auction.
- UDAY could help pare discom losses but bringing them down to zero might prove elusive Read more
- Planning Commission panel's approach created excess power capacity: Piyush Goyal Read more
- Coal block bidding: the advantage lies with existing mine owners Read more
- Bescom to strengthen helpline to handle increase in calls Read more
- Coal India December output at 52.07 mt, surpasses target Read more
- N B Gupta is new Director (Finance) of PFC Read more
- Auction for commercial coal mining likely in FY16: Coal Secretary Anil Swarup Read more
- Reverse auction for short term power procurement to reduce power tariff by 4-5 paise per unit: ICRA Read more
- HPERC Notifies Draft Net Metering Regulation Read more
- Tamil Nadu data centres tap green energy Read more