Power News We love to talk!
After the World Bank moved India up by 12 places in its latest ‘Doing Business 2016’ rankings, one of the three private-run electricity distribution companies in the national capital region of Delhi, Tata Power Delhi Distribution Ltd (TPDDL), has written to the Union power secretary for expediting reforms related to public works department (PWD) of the Delhi government to ensure further improvement in the country’s overall position.
The discom has suggested that the PWD should employ an online approval mechanism, wherein deemed right of way (ROW) permissions for new connections are given on the same day an application for the same is submitted along with fee. The PWD has, however, said that ROW approval would require 15 days. “ROW approvals are required to be taken from multiple agencies like
MCD/DDA/DSIDC/PWD/IGL/DMRC/DJB/MTNL/NHAI/railways etc for execution of various electrical works,” Praveer Sinha, CEO of TPDDL, said in a letter to the power secretary. He added that since these approvals aren’t given during monsoon period of six months from May to October, it left the discoms with little time for providing new connections and improvement in existing network.
In the report released by the World Bank last month, India’s ranking improved by 67 places under the ‘getting electricity’ parameter, which is one of the ten criteria employed by the agency to benchmark 189 countries.
TPDDL listed amendments in the Central Electricity Authority’s (CEA) notification on waiver on the requirement of an inspecting authority and reduction in time to get new connection from 140 to 15 days as major reasons for improved rankings.
- Tata Power wind farm project in MP Read more
- Pooling coal prices may lead to power tariff revision: Montek Read more
- India's energy import bill to fall in 5 years: CRISIL Read more
- BHEL commissions 250-MW thermal unit in Assam Read more
- Adani Powers thermal plant sets national record by generating 4,142.56 units of power; ran for 600 days continuously Read more
- Tata Sons asks Tata Power to call EGM; Tata Chem sets date Read more
- Vigilance awareness week begins at NTPL Read more
- MobiKwik partners with 12 electricity boards in 8 states Read more
- MERC has issued order related to matter(s) pertaining to compensatory tariff to Adani and Indiabulls due to change in the coal policy. In this regard MERC has observed the following: Read more
- Power cuts: Small sector feels TN Govt decision will affect production, growth Read more