Power News We love to talk!
With green energy coming into focus at all national and international fora, the APEPDCL is going ahead with a number of solar plants to buttress its generation and supply. It is already going in a big way to electrify about 165 tribal hamlets using solar power.
At Chintalapudi in Vizianagaram, Pragati Group is setting up a 1.2 MW solar power plant and the power generated will be uploaded to the grid by December end, CMD of APEPDCL R. Mutyala Raju told The Hindu .
This apart, the EEMA Group is setting up a 3 MW solar plant at Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam Port Trust is coming up with a 10 MW plant in Visakhapatnam, and VBC Group is setting up a 3 MW plant at Vizianagaram. While the EEMA plant is set to be connected to the grid by January, the VPT and VBC projects will be completed by March end, he said.
According to him, solar energy is the future and research is on to reduce the usage for land for solar panels. “Right now, for setting up 1 MW plant, about 5 acres is needed. A day will come when with the help of nanotechnology the extent of land required will shrink considerably,” he said.
- Singareni Collieries output up 4.5 mt in July Read more
- Minister says TN will remain power surplus Read more
- Adopt US model to ensure 24X7 power supply to industries: CM Read more
- Chittoor pioneers third party sale of solar power Read more
- Bangladesh and India sign agreement for joint coal fired power plant Read more
- Renewable energy projects: PFS ties up with banks for issuance of letters of credit Read more
- Solar project hits snag in Bengaluru as farmers refuse to give land Read more
- Govt offers rebate for off-campus solar panels Read more
- Haryana Electricity Regulatory Commission revised the fees payable in accordance with HERC (Fee) Regulations, 2005 Read more
- Renewables to account for over 60 per cent of India's power capacity: Piyush Goyal Read more