Power News We love to talk!
With green energy coming into focus at all national and international fora, the APEPDCL is going ahead with a number of solar plants to buttress its generation and supply. It is already going in a big way to electrify about 165 tribal hamlets using solar power.
At Chintalapudi in Vizianagaram, Pragati Group is setting up a 1.2 MW solar power plant and the power generated will be uploaded to the grid by December end, CMD of APEPDCL R. Mutyala Raju told The Hindu .
This apart, the EEMA Group is setting up a 3 MW solar plant at Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam Port Trust is coming up with a 10 MW plant in Visakhapatnam, and VBC Group is setting up a 3 MW plant at Vizianagaram. While the EEMA plant is set to be connected to the grid by January, the VPT and VBC projects will be completed by March end, he said.
According to him, solar energy is the future and research is on to reduce the usage for land for solar panels. “Right now, for setting up 1 MW plant, about 5 acres is needed. A day will come when with the help of nanotechnology the extent of land required will shrink considerably,” he said.
- Singareni Collieries to take up 10 new mines next fiscal Read more
- HERC approves true-up for 201314, annual performance review for 201415, and revised ARR for 201516 for state discoms Read more
- KA: KERC HIKES TARIFF FOR FY15-16 Read more
- Cabinet likely to approve UMPP bid paper soon, says Piyush Goyal Read more
- First geothermal power plant to come up in Chhattisgarh Read more
- Power utilities get notices for dues to NTECL Read more
- In big ticket move, Cairn India appoints Melody Meyer, Atul Gupta as technical advisers Read more
- Telangana power generation capacity to touch 17,000 MW by year-end Read more
- India shows path for cheaper solar energy: World Bank Read more
- Petition filled by state discoms of Uttar Pradesh for determination of ARR/Tariff for FY 2014-15 Read more