Power News We love to talk!
With green energy coming into focus at all national and international fora, the APEPDCL is going ahead with a number of solar plants to buttress its generation and supply. It is already going in a big way to electrify about 165 tribal hamlets using solar power.
At Chintalapudi in Vizianagaram, Pragati Group is setting up a 1.2 MW solar power plant and the power generated will be uploaded to the grid by December end, CMD of APEPDCL R. Mutyala Raju told The Hindu .
This apart, the EEMA Group is setting up a 3 MW solar plant at Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam Port Trust is coming up with a 10 MW plant in Visakhapatnam, and VBC Group is setting up a 3 MW plant at Vizianagaram. While the EEMA plant is set to be connected to the grid by January, the VPT and VBC projects will be completed by March end, he said.
According to him, solar energy is the future and research is on to reduce the usage for land for solar panels. “Right now, for setting up 1 MW plant, about 5 acres is needed. A day will come when with the help of nanotechnology the extent of land required will shrink considerably,” he said.
- Pooling of gas and coal on cards: Government plans to fuel up 91K MW of stuck power projects Read more
- Moodys upgrades ratings of nine PSUs including ONGC, NTPC Read more
- Thermal power utilities seen reporting upbeat Q3 results Read more
- Tata Power generates 50 MUs of solar, 800 MUs of wind energy in FY13 Read more
- Urgent reform needed to achieve energy sector transformation: Bridge to India Read more
- Delhiites to pay 1.5 - 3% morefor electricity Read more
- Sun shines on solar PV industry Read more
- Wind energy developers in Rajasthan face losses as discoms curtail intake Read more
- Natural gas a must for development: Pradhan Read more
- Bhadradri power plant a white elephant: Uttam Read more