Power News We love to talk!
With green energy coming into focus at all national and international fora, the APEPDCL is going ahead with a number of solar plants to buttress its generation and supply. It is already going in a big way to electrify about 165 tribal hamlets using solar power.
At Chintalapudi in Vizianagaram, Pragati Group is setting up a 1.2 MW solar power plant and the power generated will be uploaded to the grid by December end, CMD of APEPDCL R. Mutyala Raju told The Hindu .
This apart, the EEMA Group is setting up a 3 MW solar plant at Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam Port Trust is coming up with a 10 MW plant in Visakhapatnam, and VBC Group is setting up a 3 MW plant at Vizianagaram. While the EEMA plant is set to be connected to the grid by January, the VPT and VBC projects will be completed by March end, he said.
According to him, solar energy is the future and research is on to reduce the usage for land for solar panels. “Right now, for setting up 1 MW plant, about 5 acres is needed. A day will come when with the help of nanotechnology the extent of land required will shrink considerably,” he said.
- Weak Economy to Depress Oil Demand Throughout 2013: IEA Read more
- PM Narendra Modi, Emmanuel Macron inaugurate UPs biggest solar power plant Read more
- Modi govt adopted 'Saubhagya' scheme from Bihar model: Nitish Kumar Read more
- GERC determines the Generic Tariff for Power procurement from Mini and Micro Hydro Power Projects Read more
- Proposed merger of oil PSUs: Easier said than done Read more
- Canadian Solar said to explore sale of Indian power assets Read more
- OPEC Secretary-General termed demonetisation visionary, GST as bold move by PM Narendra Modi, reveals Dharmendra Pradhan Read more
- State power ministers conference begins Read more
- Rays Power bags Rs. 700 cr solar EPC contract from Essel Group Read more
- DERC fixes tariff for TPDDLs 55.2 KWp solar project at Rohini, Delhi Read more