Power News We love to talk!
Gati Infrastructure plans to raise £100 million in the next few months to power its energy business. Part of the proceedings would go to its projects in Sikkim where it is building hydel power projects, while the remaining fund would be utilised to add 850 MW of renewable energy capacity.
Gati Infrastructure is an initiative of Mahendra Agarwal, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of express distribution and supply chain solutions firm Gati Ltd. “These projects would come up in States like Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Gujarat,” Meera Madhusudan Singh, Director of Gati Infrastructure Ltd, told BusinessLine .
Meera has said the company was in the process of completing the fund-raising deal and hinted that the deal would be closed in the next financial year. She said the funds would be utilised to build the power capacities in the next five-six years. The 12-year-old entity is building three hydro electric projects in East and West Sikkim.
The group has assets in hydro, solar and coal projects. Part of the proceedings would go to Gati Infra projects in Sikkim where it is building hydel power projects, while the remaining fund would be utilised to add 850 MW of renewable energy capacity.
- Solar park tenders, power purchase on hold as Rewa bids disrupt market Read more
- Government likely to divest upto 10 per cent in Coal India Read more
- India using lesser coal to generate power under Modi government Read more
- India will not allow power firms from countries where Indian companies are banned Read more
- 15 gas-fuelled power projects shortlisted for bailout plan Read more
- Coal India target 71.77 mt of coking coal by 2019-20 Read more
- Transmission capacity will go up by next year Read more
- Surplus power generation capacity, enough coal likely to beat summer heat Read more
- Oil firms must give information on fracking done on Federal lands Read more
- Welspun to source 100 MW solar module from Solar Frontier Read more