Power News We love to talk!
AP Electricity Regulatory Commission Chairman Justice G. Bhavani Prasad on Sunday said energy-efficient fans would be distributed to willing consumers as part of Domestic Efficient Fans Programme (DEFP).
He was speaking at the valedictory of the National Energy Conservation Week observed by the EPDCL here. He said conservation of energy and its efficient use was to be followed as the fundamental objective of every citizen.
“Without energy, there is no economic activity. All the key sectors that depend on electricity such as industrial, agricultural and other sectors should try to explore the options of energy efficiency and conservation measures in a big way to improve economy,” he said.
Mr. Justice Bhavani Prasad said third party inspections were being conducted to ascertain the effectiveness of distribution of LED bulbs. The State Energy Conservation Mission (SECM), in coordination with AP Discoms, and key departments in the State was to come out with a comprehensive action plan to make available star-rated electrical appliances to all households at a lesser price.
He requested the officials of power utilities to maintain the same tempo and devise a comprehensive action plan in future.
- IOC plans $5.5 bn expansion of refinery co-owned by Iran Read more
- Tata Power faults Reliance Infras tariff proposal Read more
- KCR tells power staff to give up Dec 6 stir plan in Telangana Read more
- India is well-suited to lead energy transformation: US official Read more
- Web interface for government, mine owners within month Read more
- Greenko to hit one giga watt generation by Aug-Sept Read more
- ONGC to sell petrochemical, power unit stakes worth $1 billion Read more
- Power companies may index rupee debt with global currencies: Piyush Goyal Read more
- Punjab Power Corporation buys electricity worth Rs 4,000 crore Read more
- Delhi HC decision on Najeeb Jungs authority unlikely to affect private discoms finances, operations Read more