Power News We love to talk!
AP Electricity Regulatory Commission Chairman Justice G. Bhavani Prasad on Sunday said energy-efficient fans would be distributed to willing consumers as part of Domestic Efficient Fans Programme (DEFP).
He was speaking at the valedictory of the National Energy Conservation Week observed by the EPDCL here. He said conservation of energy and its efficient use was to be followed as the fundamental objective of every citizen.
“Without energy, there is no economic activity. All the key sectors that depend on electricity such as industrial, agricultural and other sectors should try to explore the options of energy efficiency and conservation measures in a big way to improve economy,” he said.
Mr. Justice Bhavani Prasad said third party inspections were being conducted to ascertain the effectiveness of distribution of LED bulbs. The State Energy Conservation Mission (SECM), in coordination with AP Discoms, and key departments in the State was to come out with a comprehensive action plan to make available star-rated electrical appliances to all households at a lesser price.
He requested the officials of power utilities to maintain the same tempo and devise a comprehensive action plan in future.
- Bihar eyes Rs 20,000 crore investment in renewable energy in five years Read more
- PM Modi's Iran visit may seal deal on Chabahar Port, ONGC $3 Billion investment in Farzad-B gas field Read more
- KSERC determines BST for purchase of power by the licensees from KSEB Read more
- Risking backlash, Narendra Modi to push power price hikes Read more
- UERC rejects Uttar Bharat Hydro Powers petition seeking project specific tariff Read more
- Israel, Egypt negotiate $60 bn gas deal amid Gaza crisis Read more
- Higher costs, weak e-auction realizations weigh on Coal India Read more
- NTPC asks BSES to clear Rs. 1,300-cr dues or face supply cut Read more
- Apex court admits Adani plea on power supply pact Read more
- IFC to provide $440 mn debt to Rewa solar park developers Read more