Power News We love to talk!
AP Electricity Regulatory Commission Chairman Justice G. Bhavani Prasad on Sunday said energy-efficient fans would be distributed to willing consumers as part of Domestic Efficient Fans Programme (DEFP).
He was speaking at the valedictory of the National Energy Conservation Week observed by the EPDCL here. He said conservation of energy and its efficient use was to be followed as the fundamental objective of every citizen.
“Without energy, there is no economic activity. All the key sectors that depend on electricity such as industrial, agricultural and other sectors should try to explore the options of energy efficiency and conservation measures in a big way to improve economy,” he said.
Mr. Justice Bhavani Prasad said third party inspections were being conducted to ascertain the effectiveness of distribution of LED bulbs. The State Energy Conservation Mission (SECM), in coordination with AP Discoms, and key departments in the State was to come out with a comprehensive action plan to make available star-rated electrical appliances to all households at a lesser price.
He requested the officials of power utilities to maintain the same tempo and devise a comprehensive action plan in future.
- Discoms seek balance of power Read more
- Tata Power's Club Enerji saves 31,498 units of energy in Bengaluru Read more
- Adani, others cant sell solar power at higher rate: UPERC Read more
- Unscheduled power cuts plague villages near Chennai Read more
- Centre, states to consider simpler power tariff system Read more
- Soon, email or text meter reading for power bill in UP Read more
- Ludhiana railway station set to garner huge savings with solar rooftop project Read more
- PowerGrid to set up lines to link solar parks with Inter-State Transmission System Read more
- NuPower, Pinnacle Energy trust board member quits Read more
- Discoms buying cheaper electricity from exchanges impacting solar power Read more