Coal News We love to talk!
Goods and Services Tax, GST, GST bill, gst news, gst 2015, gst india, Congress, Arvind Subramanian Arvind Subramanian said that the GST council would decide for how long petroleum products would be out of the new taxation regime.
Petrol and other petroleum products would not be brought under the GST regime for some time after its roll out, Chief Economic Advisor Arvind Subramaniam said today.
“Constitutionally petrol and other petroleum products will be within the GST system. But it would be out of the GST dispensation after its implementation for some time”, Subramaniam told reporters on the sidelines of an event organised by ISI here.
He said that the GST council would decide for how long these products would be out of the new taxation regime. “Even after GST, petrol and other petroleum products would continue to be taxed the way now both by the Centre and states”, he said.
Asked about the roll-out of GST, he said that Union Finance minister Arun Jaitley had said that the government was hoping that the GST Bill would be passed soon. “All depends on when the Constitution amendment bill gets cleared”, Subramaniam said.
Outlining the benefits of GST, he said that it would give the country a wider tax base and ‘Make in India’ drive would get an impetus. “However, no single reform could determine the long-term growth of the country”, he said.
- UCIL's Jaduguda mine closure to impact nuclear power output Read more
- Oil price recovery poses downgrade risk to OIL, ONGC: Moodys Read more
- Sterlite Power to use drones for power-line monitoring in India Read more
- Oil firms hope for an add-on to gains Read more
- Stake sale overhang a good opportunity to buy Coal India, ONGC Read more
- LNG import cost falls on revised deal with Qatar: Dharmendra Pradhan Read more
- Assams NRL signs MoU with Paradip Port Trust and IOCL for Import of crude oil at Paradip Port Read more
- Chevron and ONGC Videsh join New Zealand oil, gas search Read more
- India gets a brand new oil & gas basin, Kutch offshore, after 31 years Read more
- Snake, lizard stall Adanis Australia project Read more