Power News We love to talk!
Sterlite Grid has emerged as the lowest bidder for a Rs 1,500-crore transmission project in Odisha by quoting a lowest annual tariff of Rs 139.79 crore.
"For Common Transmission System for Phase-II Generation Projects in Odisha and Immediate Evacuation System for OPGC Project in Odisha, Sterlite Grid has emerged as the lowest bidder followed by Essel and Adani," a source said.
Sterlite Grid is a Vedanta group firm. The source further said: "Sterlite Grid quoted the lowest annual tariff of Rs 139.79 crore for this project, while Essel and Adani quotations were Rs 155.7 crore and Rs 165.92 crore in the financial bids opened today."
An arm of Power Finance Corp, PFC Consulting Ltd is conducting the auction of the project. Apart from these three companies, Power Grid, Kalpataru Power Transmission Ltd (KPTL) and a consortium of Gayatri Projects Ltd and Engineering and Infrastructure Ltd had qualified for submitting financial bids for the project. However, later these firms did not submitted financial bids.
The Odisha project consists of 350 km of 765 kV double circuit line and 50 km of 400 kV of double circuit line. The government plans to auction transmission projects worth Rs 1 lakh crore through tariff-based competitive bidding route. Under the system, the developer quoting the lowest tariff would be awarded the project.
After the Odisha project, the largest project to be awarded through tariff-based competitive bidding is Warangal Project for which PFC Consulting is managing the auction.
- India's Tata Power Solar & British Gas partner to solarise Toyota Manufacturing UK Read more
- Energy PSUs seek savings via jointprocurement of goods and services Read more
- M&B the first company to get solar REC registration Read more
- CERC fixes transmission charges for Powergrids fibre optic lines in the north-eastern region Read more
- Essar Oil looks east to tap billion dollars of Chinese funds Read more
- Telangana ready to buy power from RGPPL at Rs 5.50/unit Read more
- Odisha, TN ultra mega power projects award by February Read more
- Procedure for availing Start up power from the Grid by the Generating Stations under commissioning phase through Deviation Settlement Mechanism Read more
- GERC rejects an individuals petition against Essar Power Read more
- HP discom challenges NGT order, tribals concerned Read more