Power News We love to talk!
Madhya Pradesh has joined a small club of States which supply 10,000 MW of power during peak hours, as per the latest figures issued by the Central Electricity Authority (CEA).
“Out of the 37 States and Union Territories, Madhya Pradesh is among the seven States which have more than 10,000 MW power for supplying during peak hours,” M.P. Power Management Company’s Managing Director Sanjay Shukla told PTI.
The figures were issued by CEA, under the Union Ministry of Power, in its report for 2015-16, he said. “We have more power available than the actual demand,” Mr Shukla added. During the period under review, the State had the maximum power demand of 10,902 MW which it met successfully.
- Oil Ministry cuts natural gas supplies to small industry in Gujarat Read more
- Parliamentary panel for formulation of new hydro power policy Read more
- Nitish pitches for uniform power tariff across the country on lines of rail fare Read more
- Non-adherence to gas allocation policies adds R2k cr to RGPPL loss Read more
- CLP India and Suzlon form JV for 100 MW Telangana solar project Read more
- Aggressive bids in coal auctions continue Read more
- Suzlon reports Rs 260 loss for Apr-Jun quarter Read more
- Govt to offer coal use flexibility to private companies in 3-4 months Read more
- Nepal gives Indian firm green light for $1 billion hydroelectric plant Read more
- An out-of-the-box fix to check power theft Read more