Power News We love to talk!
Madhya Pradesh has joined a small club of States which supply 10,000 MW of power during peak hours, as per the latest figures issued by the Central Electricity Authority (CEA).
“Out of the 37 States and Union Territories, Madhya Pradesh is among the seven States which have more than 10,000 MW power for supplying during peak hours,” M.P. Power Management Company’s Managing Director Sanjay Shukla told PTI.
The figures were issued by CEA, under the Union Ministry of Power, in its report for 2015-16, he said. “We have more power available than the actual demand,” Mr Shukla added. During the period under review, the State had the maximum power demand of 10,902 MW which it met successfully.
- Delhi govt says discoms to be penalised for unscheduled power cut Read more
- International body pats India for its transition to combat climate change Read more
- CBI closes case against JLD Infra in coal scam Read more
- Tangedco hints at 3,230 MW more by next year Read more
- UERC approves UPCLs draft PPA for solar power procurement Read more
- Renewables row: US blocks India at WTO on localisation issue Read more
- Solar power tariff falls by 80% in seven years Read more
- Refocus R&D in solar energy: Kakodkar Read more
- Renewable energy powers jobs for almost 10 million people Read more
- Govt to fight challenges of climate change : Goyal Read more