Power News We love to talk!
Madhya Pradesh has joined a small club of States which supply 10,000 MW of power during peak hours, as per the latest figures issued by the Central Electricity Authority (CEA).
“Out of the 37 States and Union Territories, Madhya Pradesh is among the seven States which have more than 10,000 MW power for supplying during peak hours,” M.P. Power Management Company’s Managing Director Sanjay Shukla told PTI.
The figures were issued by CEA, under the Union Ministry of Power, in its report for 2015-16, he said. “We have more power available than the actual demand,” Mr Shukla added. During the period under review, the State had the maximum power demand of 10,902 MW which it met successfully.
- BHEL can bid for projects in Yemen Read more
- Expect savings in BEST power bills from November Read more
- Higher loading plan by CIL to push railways freight volume Read more
- Linkage Committee to meet next week to review the status of existing coal linkages Read more
- Coal blocks allocation: Govt not pressing SC on select cancellations Read more
- DERC dismisses petition filed by TPDDL Read more
- Meghalaya seeks Assam cooperation to produce energy from waste Read more
- First oil cargo for Indias strategic reserve in Mangaluru sails from UAE Read more
- Surana Solar bags Rs 15 crore order to provide solar modules for Aryavaan Renewable Read more
- NDA moves a step closer to coal auctions Read more