Coal News We love to talk!
The Numaligarh Refinery Limited (NRL) is committed to developing a common understanding in the region to achieve desired development as envisaged in the Centre's overall North East Hydrocarbon Vision 2030.
Taking a step in this direction, NRL in association with the CII, organised an interactive Session on North East Hydrocarbon Vision 2030 last week as per the directive of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, an NRL release issued here today said.
Assam Industries Commissioner and Secretary Swapnanil Baruah said on the occasion that for the vision document to translate into action, there should be clarity on roles and responsibilities with respect to the state and central government as also among related ministries and organisations.
He also spoke on the need to extend the now under abeyance NEIIPP to the hydrocarbon sector with an extended timeframe of 20 years.
NRL's Director (Finance) and CII Assam State Council chairman S K Barua elaborated the objectives of the document, which was followed by a base line presentation by Anupam Dubey of CRISIL on various aspects of the Draft Hydrocarbon Vision Document and the opportunities it had to offer.
The Technical session was presided by NRL Director (Technical) S R Medhi who highlighted the need for connectivity as a cornerstone of development.
The implementation of the vision document may be a challenge, but NRL has taken up some ambitious projects included in the draft like refinery expansion from three MMTPA to nine MMTPA and a bio-refinery, he said.
The session was attended by officials and representatives from Assam government, oil sector PSUs, entrepreneurs, service providers and other important stakeholders related to the hydrocarbon industry in the region, the release added.
- Budget 2016: Reduce & refocus power & diesel subsidies Read more
- Pak extracting gas from Indian fields Read more
- Indian Oil Corp to introduce pre-booking of slots at petrol pumps to avoid congestion Read more
- India looks to expand energy ties with Myanmar, sell refined crude Read more
- MRPL starts merger with OMPL Read more
- Oilprice, inflation, IIP nos to guide market this week Read more
- Trade body moots gas-based power plants for region Read more
- Russian deals send India deeper into Chinas oil-buying backyard Read more
- Power Min looking into issues raised by pvt power producers Read more
- Bengal decides to enter into joint venture with GAIL Read more