Coal News We love to talk!
The Numaligarh Refinery Limited (NRL) is committed to developing a common understanding in the region to achieve desired development as envisaged in the Centre's overall North East Hydrocarbon Vision 2030.
Taking a step in this direction, NRL in association with the CII, organised an interactive Session on North East Hydrocarbon Vision 2030 last week as per the directive of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, an NRL release issued here today said.
Assam Industries Commissioner and Secretary Swapnanil Baruah said on the occasion that for the vision document to translate into action, there should be clarity on roles and responsibilities with respect to the state and central government as also among related ministries and organisations.
He also spoke on the need to extend the now under abeyance NEIIPP to the hydrocarbon sector with an extended timeframe of 20 years.
NRL's Director (Finance) and CII Assam State Council chairman S K Barua elaborated the objectives of the document, which was followed by a base line presentation by Anupam Dubey of CRISIL on various aspects of the Draft Hydrocarbon Vision Document and the opportunities it had to offer.
The Technical session was presided by NRL Director (Technical) S R Medhi who highlighted the need for connectivity as a cornerstone of development.
The implementation of the vision document may be a challenge, but NRL has taken up some ambitious projects included in the draft like refinery expansion from three MMTPA to nine MMTPA and a bio-refinery, he said.
The session was attended by officials and representatives from Assam government, oil sector PSUs, entrepreneurs, service providers and other important stakeholders related to the hydrocarbon industry in the region, the release added.
- April-June oil subsidy rules set; no discounts if oil below $60 Read more
- Oil ministry babus press panic button after paper leak arrests in Delhi Read more
- Haridwar to get natural gas supply pipeline by end of current fiscal Read more
- IOC to invest Rs. 7,812 cr for expansion Read more
- India only country where energy demand will continue to rise: Pradhan Read more
- South Korea to halt Iran oil imports as EU ban bites Read more
- Economic slump drove drop in CO2 emission in US Read more
- Gujarat Alkalies may supply chlorine for oil PSUs Ratnagiri project Read more
- ONGC Tripura plants second unit to start ops by Sept Read more
- Tata Power, ICICI Venture team up for JV to shop for stranded power assets Read more