Coal News We love to talk!
In a scheme similar to the Domestic Efficient Lighting Programme, the Ministry of Power aims to provide farmers energy efficient water pumps at affordable rates through Energy Efficiency Services Ltd (EESL). Under EESL’s Agriculture Demand Side Management (AgDSM) programme, 2 crore inefficient pumps will be replaced by BEE (Bureau of Energy Efficiency) star-rated high efficiency pumps.
“AgDSM project aims at providing free of cost BEE star-rated energy efficient pump sets to the farmers along with an electrical control panel. The new pump sets are provided with free repair and maintenance,” an official statement said. Initially, the programme aims to expand through four states targeting nearly 70 lakh pump sets across Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan and Karnataka.
Interacting with pump manufacturers and other stakeholders here, Minister of State for Power, Coal and New & Renewable Energy Piyush Goyal urged them to scale up production capacity with special focus on quality maintenance and competitive pricing. “Power consumption in the pumping sector is expected to rise immensely by 2022.
- Odisha seeks funds from NCEF for small hydro, solar projects Read more
- GVK's Aus coal project land acquisition in two months Read more
- Demonetisation is a positive event for power sector: Mercom Capital Read more
- PM Narendra Modi meets oil bigwigs to give fillip to investments Read more
- Amplus Energy Solutions in talks to raise up to $100 million Read more
- Coal India e-auction fetches 76% premium in Q3 FY18 Read more
- Upbeat power transmission sector will now have to read the fine print Read more
- 'Imported gas auction to help power plants service interest obligation Read more
- NTPC to lay foundation stone of 1,600 MW project in MP Read more
- Essar Power expects to turn profitable this year Read more