Power News We love to talk!
Suzlon Group today announced the completion of the type testing and certification of its S111 turbine for 50 Hz and 60 Hz variants, which acknowledges its conformity with the set norms.
"The testing was carried out by an accredited independent third party testing agency, and the certification was awarded by TUV NORD," Suzlon said in a press release.
This certification acknowledges conformity with standards and regulations for the design, testing and manufacturing of S111. It also meets the Indian Grid Regulations.
Suzlon has more than 7,350 MW of installed capacity of the 2.1 MW class turbines globally.
The S111, belonging to the reliable and proven 2.1 MW family, has been designed to ensure highest safety while offering lowest lifecycle cost that helps drive down the cost of energy for customers, the company said.
It features a rotor diameter of 111.8 meters with a swept area of more than 9,500 square meters, making it one of the highest yielding wind turbines in its class.
The S111 delivered approximately 102 per cent of its design power curve, translating to higher than projected power generation, and improved returns for customers.
- TN fast emerging a solar power destination Read more
- Rejection of application of Marquis Energy Exchange (MEX) Read more
- Haryana Electricity Regulatory Commission (Prepaid Metering) Regulations, 2014 Read more
- NTPC blamed as coal stocks fall to critical levels, particularly at private companies Read more
- JSPL secures long-term coal supply for Chhattisgarh captive power plants Read more
- Wind beneath its wings: Suzlon marketshare rises to 27% Read more
- Swan energy pulls out of Gujarat Power Project Read more
- Renewable energy employed 8.1 million in 2015: IRENA Read more
- BBIN: India eyes expanded rail, air links and power play Read more
- ONGC may shelve shale gas exploration programme due to limited success Read more