Power News We love to talk!
Wind Power India 2012, an international exhibition-cum-conference that is to take place in Chennai between November 28 and 30, will see a spate of new product launches and technology showcases.
The event organisers (the Indian Wind Turbine Manufacturers Association and the Global Wind Energy Council) have slotted a special feature called launch pad for companies that wish to do product launches.
Two Finnish companies, Switch and Moventas, are unveiling their jointly-developed product FusionDrive a combination of a generator and a turbine. The product is said to offer several advantages as it is lighter than a separate generator and turbines.
The Swedish major SKF is launching nautilus bearings which are tapered bearings designed specially for wind turbines. These are said to be lighter-weight, friction-reducing and help transfer more energy from the blades to the drive train.
The UK-based software company Romax will showcase RomaxWind. "RomaxWind can simultaneously model and analyse bearing deflection, shaft misalignment, spline deflection, gear mesh misalignment and housing deflection to create an all-in-one analysis, says the companys Web site.
Raychem RPG, a joint venture of the RPG group and the US-based TE Connectivity, will also launch a product at the event.
Chennai-based Regen Powertech, which is one of the leading home-grown wind turbine manufacturers in the country, is unveiling a new 1.5 MW turbine, called Vensys 87. The German company, Vensys, is Regen Powertechs technology partner.
At the launch pad Gamesa India will speak about a record achieved by one of its 2 MW machines producing 54 lakh units in six months.
- Finally, some Reliance clarity on K-G reservoir output riddle Read more
- Power plants in State facing acute shortage of coal Read more
- Govt to promote solar powered charkhas, rickshaws under off-grid solar scheme Read more
- Indian Railways signs first EPC contract to speed up electrification Read more
- Solar module manufacturer LONGi to set up plant in Andhra Read more
- Goa moving closer to achieve total LED street lighting by May 2017 Read more
- JSW Energy inks MoU to set up power plant in Swaziland Read more
- PFS ties up with banks for seamless issuance of Letter of Credit for green energy Read more
- Gas allocation norms eased for North-Eastern industrial customers Read more
- Haryana government launches scheme for supplying uninterrupted power to rural areas Read more