Power News We love to talk!
In a bid to consolidate presence in renewable energy, state-run power generator NTPC Ltd has tied up with German institutions DLR Cologne and Institute of Solar Energy
"NTPC through its R&D wing, NETRA is collaborating with two German Institutions DLR Cologne and Institute of Solar Energy (ISE), Fraunhofer, Freiburg on Solar Energy Research," a source said.
"NETRA have signed contract agreements with DLR Cologne for Research in Solar Thermal and ISE Fraunhofer for Research in Solar PV”, said the source.
Under this programme, NETRA plans to setup state of art evaluation facilities for CSP, CPV, and Solar PV and conduct various programs for knowledge sharing, capacity building with German Institution in the area of Solar Energy.
The programme is funded by German Government under the aegis of Indo-German Research Cooperation.
NTPC has envisaged a broad base generation mix by evaluating conventional and alternate sources of energy to ensure long run competitiveness and mitigate fuel risks.
NTPC has drafted its business plan of capacity addition of about 1,000 MW through renewable resources by 2017. NTPC has already commissioned 110 MW Solar PV Projects. Another 15 MW Solar PV and 8 MW Small Hydro Projects are in progress.
At present, NTPC has an installed capacity 45,548 MW. The company has planned to reduce its dependence on fossil fuels to 56 per cent by 2032 from existing about 85 per cent.
The power producer envisages that the renewable energy will contribute 28 per cent to its capacity of 1,28,000 MW by 2032.
- Telangana power holiday a big blow to SMEs: Assocham Read more
- Centre to allot 1,000 MW to southern grid in one week Read more
- India likely to exceed target of 100 GW of solar power by 2022: Solairedirect chief Read more
- Chinese, South Korean firms to set up plants in India Read more
- BHEL commissions captive solar photo voltaic power plant in Trichy Read more
- Minister promises 20,000 MW in next three years Read more
- Delhi's Rajghat thermal power plant set to be turned into energy museum Read more
- Kerala's 13th 5-yr plan to focus on controlling energy crisis, Industry revival Read more
- Progress slow on tariff compensation for independent power producers: ICRA Read more
- BHEL commissions record generation capacity of 15 GW in FY16 Read more