Power News We love to talk!
Industrial explosives manufacturer Solar Industries India has signed a pact with the Maharashtra government to set up a facility in Nagpur with an investment of Rs 1,550 crore to manufacture ammunition for Armed Forces.
The memorandum of understanding (MoU) was formalised by the company through its 100-per cent subsidiaryEconomic Explosives during the ongoing Make in India week here.
The project will come up in Nagpur, a relatively industry-deficit area of the Vidarbha region, and will generate more than 700 direct jobs.
"This association will go a long way in addressing the hollowness of ammunition being faced by the Indian Armed Forces," Chairman Satyanarayan Nuwal said.
The Solar Group entered the defence sector four years ago and set up India's first HMX plant in the private sector, a large composite propellant plant and facilities to produce various other products like Pyros and War Heads.
The subsidiary company shall be building world-class facilities to produce bi-modular charge systems (BMCS), fully-integrated rockets and a new generation of hand grenades.
"While the facilities are being established with own strength of technical manpower and knowledge base, the know-how for the products shall be obtained from Defence Research and Development Organisation," he added.
The facilities will be completed in 24 months and commercial production will start thereafter.
- Russia offers Indian firms stake in Yamal LNG project Read more
- CERC approves transmission tariff for JhajjarMundka transmission line Read more
- Odisha Single Window clears BPCL's Rs 270 cr common user facility Read more
- CERC fixes transmission charges for Powergrids fibre optic lines in the north-eastern region Read more
- Coal India devises strategy to stave off impact due to mine grade revision Read more
- Rays Power Infra to commission 100 MW solar projects by March '17 Read more
- Deonar abattoir generates power from slaughtered animal waste Read more
- Indian Oil bets big on growing demand for natural gas Read more
- India, Uganda to expand cooperation in energy sector Read more
- Rooftop solar plant to make Jaipur metro stations self sufficient Read more