Power News We love to talk!
Industrial explosives manufacturer Solar Industries India has signed a pact with the Maharashtra government to set up a facility in Nagpur with an investment of Rs 1,550 crore to manufacture ammunition for Armed Forces.
The memorandum of understanding (MoU) was formalised by the company through its 100-per cent subsidiaryEconomic Explosives during the ongoing Make in India week here.
The project will come up in Nagpur, a relatively industry-deficit area of the Vidarbha region, and will generate more than 700 direct jobs.
"This association will go a long way in addressing the hollowness of ammunition being faced by the Indian Armed Forces," Chairman Satyanarayan Nuwal said.
The Solar Group entered the defence sector four years ago and set up India's first HMX plant in the private sector, a large composite propellant plant and facilities to produce various other products like Pyros and War Heads.
The subsidiary company shall be building world-class facilities to produce bi-modular charge systems (BMCS), fully-integrated rockets and a new generation of hand grenades.
"While the facilities are being established with own strength of technical manpower and knowledge base, the know-how for the products shall be obtained from Defence Research and Development Organisation," he added.
The facilities will be completed in 24 months and commercial production will start thereafter.
- Mumbai power arrangement should suffice for a decade Read more
- Govt to providesubsidised diesel to fishermen: Veerappa Moily, Petroleum Minister Read more
- Azure Power commissions 100 MW solar power plant in Rajasthan Read more
- Oil India fourth quarter net profit down 96 percent to Rs 19 crore Read more
- IOC,BPCL,HPCL sign deal to set up India's biggest oil refinery Read more
- CCI nod for Suraksha Group, Jaiprakash Associates wind power deal Read more
- BORL to double capacity at Vadinar COT to augment expansion plans Read more
- Wait for Kudankulam power ends; unit 1 linked to grid Read more
- NTPC to set up solar power plant Read more
- Govt launches loan scheme for rooftop solar projects Read more