Power News We love to talk!
An industry body has urged the Karnataka government to regulate power supply to IP (irrigation pump) sets, which number around 25 lakh in the State, and divert a portion of it for industrial use.
FKCCI, in its pre-budget memorandum submitted to Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Wednesday, said IP sets consume about 17,500 million units, which is free, and it amount to 37 per cent of energy supplied. By regulating and diverting a portion of it to industries, the State can get additional revenue.
“By taking corrective measures such as fixing of power factor correction apparatus ‘Capacitors’ can substantially reduce wastage of power,” said Tallam R Dwarkanath, President, FKCCI.
“The government may also consider providing budgetary support for fixing power capacitors,” he added.
FKCCI has also requested for budgetary provision for providing dedicated industrial feeders to both government developed industrial estate and private industrial estate in the all districts in the State.
Dwarkanath said VAT exemption should be given on input material used in solar project like solar PV, solar invertors, cables, earthling materials, electrical panels, transformers and other allied gadgets / equipment’s used for grid interactive rooftop solar production.
Tax exemption for LED Lights used for streetlights, traffic lights and exemption from payment of electricity tax of 10 paisa per unit for captive consumption above 250KVA and 5 paisa per unit for auxiliary consumption above 50KWH be explored, FKCCI said.
The overnment should support for supply of gas from GIAL for early setting up of 350 MW Yelahanka Combined Cycle Gas Power Plant at Yelahanka, Bengaluru, which will augment the power supply to Bengaluru city.
Based on the various representations received from members of the trade and industry, associations and district chambers of commerce, FKCCI submitted the following requests: To reduce rate of Tax to 5 per cent and 14 per cent from 5.5 per cent and 14.5 per cent as was promised during the previous budget 2015-16. E-payment of Tax should also be accepted through RTGS and NEFT.
Abolition of trade license should be made applicable to all MSMEs in the State including rural areas. To bring in necessary amendments to abolish Trade License totally for all entrepreneurs involved in trade and services.
- JSW Steel to set up cement, captive power plants in Bengal Read more
- Government to provide grants to cities buying electric vehicles for mass transport Read more
- Solar power facility from a homebuyer's perspective Read more
- MERC determines generic tariff for renewable technologies for 2014-15 Read more
- Despite crisis, Venezuela and India to up investment in energy sector Read more
- BGR Energy to supply generators for NTPCs Chhattisgarh project Read more
- ONGC oil output jumps 10% Read more
- OPEC splits prevent deal with other producers to curb supply Read more
- IOC, Odisha strike deal on tax incentives for Paradip refinery Read more
- LPG pipeline project awaits environmental nod Read more