Power News We love to talk!
An industry body has urged the Karnataka government to regulate power supply to IP (irrigation pump) sets, which number around 25 lakh in the State, and divert a portion of it for industrial use.
FKCCI, in its pre-budget memorandum submitted to Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Wednesday, said IP sets consume about 17,500 million units, which is free, and it amount to 37 per cent of energy supplied. By regulating and diverting a portion of it to industries, the State can get additional revenue.
“By taking corrective measures such as fixing of power factor correction apparatus ‘Capacitors’ can substantially reduce wastage of power,” said Tallam R Dwarkanath, President, FKCCI.
“The government may also consider providing budgetary support for fixing power capacitors,” he added.
FKCCI has also requested for budgetary provision for providing dedicated industrial feeders to both government developed industrial estate and private industrial estate in the all districts in the State.
Dwarkanath said VAT exemption should be given on input material used in solar project like solar PV, solar invertors, cables, earthling materials, electrical panels, transformers and other allied gadgets / equipment’s used for grid interactive rooftop solar production.
Tax exemption for LED Lights used for streetlights, traffic lights and exemption from payment of electricity tax of 10 paisa per unit for captive consumption above 250KVA and 5 paisa per unit for auxiliary consumption above 50KWH be explored, FKCCI said.
The overnment should support for supply of gas from GIAL for early setting up of 350 MW Yelahanka Combined Cycle Gas Power Plant at Yelahanka, Bengaluru, which will augment the power supply to Bengaluru city.
Based on the various representations received from members of the trade and industry, associations and district chambers of commerce, FKCCI submitted the following requests: To reduce rate of Tax to 5 per cent and 14 per cent from 5.5 per cent and 14.5 per cent as was promised during the previous budget 2015-16. E-payment of Tax should also be accepted through RTGS and NEFT.
Abolition of trade license should be made applicable to all MSMEs in the State including rural areas. To bring in necessary amendments to abolish Trade License totally for all entrepreneurs involved in trade and services.
- Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant: Cost of units 3,4 surpasses Rs 39,000 crore Read more
- CleanMax Solar signs MoU with Hitachi High-Tech Read more
- GUVNL to procure 2,000MW to meet summer demand Read more
- Modi will need at least $125 bn to fund his renewable energy dream Read more
- Suzlon, Myrah, Vikram, M&M say clean energy goal possible if govertment helps overcome constraints Read more
- Power situation in TN: Madras HC summons electricity secretary, Tangedco chairman Read more
- Karnataka may face power cut till next summer Read more
- Naval yard sees 11 pc drop of energy consumption after usage of LED lights: Indian Navy Read more
- CERC dismisses BBMBs petition for tariff determination of ISTS lines Read more
- Maharashtra's new energy policy will seek to improve power supply, says governor Read more