Power News We love to talk!
Power tariffs may go up significantly as the government has proposed to double clean-energy cess on coal to Rs 400 per tonne from Rs 200 per tonne.
The cess will raise prices of coal, highlighting India's commitment to tackle climate change.
The clean energy cess levied on coal and lignite will be renamed as clean environmentcess, finance minister Arun Jaitley said in his budget speech.
- 'Coal block allocation fourth round; formalities in last stage' Read more
- Suzlon likely to bag 250 MW order from Sembcorp Read more
- Cabinet approves framework agreement for hydrocarbon cooperation with Bangladesh Read more
- Coal linkage delayed for MCL's Rs 11,000 crore power plant Read more
- Suo moto order of the WBERC in the matter of mfca and mvca Read more
- Vikram Solar signs MoU with Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology Read more
- KERC okays 9% hike in power tariff for FY17 Read more
- UP government extends MoU signed with nine companies to set up power projects Read more
- DERC approves PPA for TPDDLs 60 kW solar project at Narela Read more
- India crosses 5GW in solar power capacity: Bridge to India Read more