Power News We love to talk!
Power tariffs may go up significantly as the government has proposed to double clean-energy cess on coal to Rs 400 per tonne from Rs 200 per tonne.
The cess will raise prices of coal, highlighting India's commitment to tackle climate change.
The clean energy cess levied on coal and lignite will be renamed as clean environmentcess, finance minister Arun Jaitley said in his budget speech.
- Adani's Australian Carmichael coal mine faces new legal challenge Read more
- Solar energy firm Azure Power files for NYSE listing Read more
- Strengthening energy ties with Russia to be on top of PM Narendra Modis agenda Read more
- Coal Ministry blames NTPC for row over quality Read more
- NTPC-SAIL Power Company gets green nod to expand Durgapur plant Read more
- Coal ministry plans to revise equipment purchase policy Read more
- NTPC to shut down old power plants with capacity of 11,000 Megawatt Read more
- `It is crazy for country to buy fuel at market prices' Read more
- Trade unions stick to Sept 2 strike, reject govts wage hike Read more
- India to exceed China as worlds coal power, buoying BHP Read more