Power News We love to talk!
Power tariffs may go up significantly as the government has proposed to double clean-energy cess on coal to Rs 400 per tonne from Rs 200 per tonne.
The cess will raise prices of coal, highlighting India's commitment to tackle climate change.
The clean energy cess levied on coal and lignite will be renamed as clean environmentcess, finance minister Arun Jaitley said in his budget speech.
- Solar project developers ask ministry to defer auctions Read more
- Delhi must convert to gas for clean air: Dharmendra Pradhan Read more
- Karnataka discoms barred from buying more wind power Read more
- Renewables transmission challenge Read more
- World energy investment down 8 per cent in 2015 despite gains on clean energy Read more
- Dharmendra Pradhan kicks off roadshow for auction of 46 oil & gas fields Read more
- Waaree Energies turns to small-scale residential consumers to push its solar rooftop business Read more
- Sustainability-oriented approach can tackle water security threats: Experts Read more
- Gurugram: Two years on, electricity infrastructure expansion still on paper Read more
- SC judge questions govt over 'non-utilisation' of environmental funds Read more