Power News We love to talk!
Power tariffs may go up significantly as the government has proposed to double clean-energy cess on coal to Rs 400 per tonne from Rs 200 per tonne.
The cess will raise prices of coal, highlighting India's commitment to tackle climate change.
The clean energy cess levied on coal and lignite will be renamed as clean environmentcess, finance minister Arun Jaitley said in his budget speech.
- Adani Power's Q4 net profit down 71% at at Rs 715 cr Read more
- With surplus coal, now focus turns to quality, says minister Piyush Goyal Read more
- Coal India Apr-Jan production up 6% at 355 MT Read more
- Jaypee Cement Corporation wins Mandla South coal block Read more
- CERC approves transmission charges for OPTCL Read more
- Absence of coal linkage policy hurts power plants Read more
- Pushing for 5/25 scheme: KSK Mahanadi lenders may refinance debt Read more
- Oil ministry sets up panel on delays in ONGC's gas discovery Read more
- Essar Power chooses coal over gas to save costs Read more
- Coal India misses its production target by 44.48 million tones Read more