Coal News We love to talk!
GAIL (India) Ltd will restore the land of Tamil Nadu’s farmers after laying the gas pipelines and also pay a compensation of 10 per cent of market value of the land as on January 1, 2016, as well as an additional compensation of 30 per cent solatium, said Oil Minister Dharmendra Pradhan to the Rajya Sabha on Wednesday.
The Minister informed the House that the Tamil Nadu Farmers Livelihood Protection Group had opposed the acquisition of land for laying of the gas pipeline in 2012.
The matter was followed up by the Tamil Nadu government and ultimately it reached the Supreme Court.
As it stands, Pradhan said that the ownership of the land remains with the land owner and only the Right of Use is being acquired.
“Farmers can continue agricultural activities after the restoration of the land and only construction of permanent structure, plantation of deep rooted trees are not allowed in the acquired Right of Use and as such there will be no adverse effect to the interests of the farmers,” the Minister stated.
Online LPG services
In a separate question, Pradhan informed the house that online services to LPG consumers are provided through the ‘www.mylpg.in’ website.
The services include web booking of cylinders with online payment, online application for new LPG connections with online payments, online facility for double bottle connection booking, preferred time delivery, online portability, locating nearest LPG distributor online on Google Maps, online request for mechanic service, information on 5 kg free trade LPG, LPG connection for piped natural gas consumers, online surrender connection request, enrolment to ‘GiveItUp’, rating of distributors, submission of feedback, important contacts and transparency.
- Meet on solar power generator in Madurai Read more
- Can solar power hold the cheapest electricity tag? Read more
- States' petro revenues surpass Centre's 1st time Read more
- Mega refinery: India says ready to offer stake to Saudi Arabia Read more
- Skill Mission will be expanded and speeded up, says new Minister Dharmendra Pradhan Read more
- Numaligarh refindery registers 157% growth in net profit Read more
- 'Coal India's reserves depleting' Read more
- Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif approves LNG based power plant for Punjab Read more
- India discussing setting up oil refineries, LNG plants in Indonesia Read more
- Iran woos Indian refiners to drive oil sales in cut-throat market Read more