Power News We love to talk!
Delhi Power Minister Satyendar Jain today said the AAP government will not allow hike in electricity tariff in the national capital this year as well.
Jain said several states had increased electricity tariff by up to 20-30 per cent last year but in Delhi, no power hike was allowed in 2015.
The government’s stand came amid the demand for tariff hike by all three power distribution companies, citing rise in their expenses.
“Like last year, we will also not allow hike in electricity tariff this year,” the power minister said while addressing representatives of Residents Welfare Associations (RWAs) at a one-day training workshop on energy conservation at Delhi Secretariat.
In 2015, Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission (DERC) was not allowed to hike power rates in the city following a huge victory for the Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP, which had been fighting against increased tariffs in the national capital.
The Delhi government gives a subsidy of around Rs 1,500 crore every year on power consumption due to which the electricity bills are slashed by half.
- APERC approves Procurement of 2000MW (+ 20%) power under long term basis through competitive bidding route on DBFOO basis (formerly case - 1 bidding ) from FY 2017-18 onwards for the state of residual Andhra Pradesh to meet the future supply demand gap Read more
- Tarun Gogoi orders Assam Power Distribution Company Limited to meet shortfall of power Read more
- APERC approves APEPDCLs petition to implement agricultural DSM project Read more
- Essar Power gets CEA nod to train production engineers Read more
- Subsidized LPG rate hiked while Non subsidized LPG rates slashed Read more
- JERC approves ED-Puducherry to sign PPA of 67MW with Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project Read more
- IOC gets regulators nod for Ennore LNG pipeline Read more
- 50 MW power, 22-km electricity line in record time: What Yogi Adityanath did to bring Samsung plant to Noida Read more
- PTC bags maximum power supply orders to Uttarakhand and Kerala state utilities in short term power procurement auction Read more
- Govt floats tender for 2,000 MW wind power projects Read more