Power News We love to talk!
Jindal Power Ltd, a subsidiary of Jindal Steel and Power Ltd, has sold its 4.12 per cent shareholding in India Energy Exchange, as part of the group's efforts to bring down its debt.
Sources in the know of the development indicated that the stake sale could fetch Jindal Power Ltd a little under Rs. 100 crore. Rating agencies have downgraded the company’s credit rating. In the nine months of fiscal 2015-16, the company has reported a net loss of Rs. 1,636 crore, while its net revenue was Rs. 13,539 crore.
On Monday, JSPL said that its financials have been adversely impacted by the cancellation of coal blocks in 2014, payment of an additional levy of more than Rs. 3,300 crore in the 2014-15 and 2015-16 due to a Supreme Court order and the weakness in the steel industry.
- Electrification of 1,450 Uttar Pradesh villages under lens, power ministry to seek CAG audit Read more
- Rs 1 lakh crore UDAY bond issued by discoms Read more
- Solar power units at four schools commissioned Read more
- Suzlon Energy wins 60 MW in NTPC reverse solar e-auction Read more
- India's Power Finance Corp preparing to meet bond investors for dollar debut Read more
- Work in 1/3rd of unelectrified 18,000 villages over: Piyush Goyal Read more
- Dabhol plant may be rented out to private producers Read more
- Govt. redrafting solar policy for generating more power Read more
- CSERC invites objections/suggestions on suo motu Petitions on Schedule of Procurement and Draft PPA for Short Term Power Purchase for FY 2015-16 Read more
- NMDC almost done with due diligence for Indonesia coal mine Read more