Power News We love to talk!
Power Minister Piyush Goyal today strongly advocated the need for India to adopt smart grids and concepts to improve energy access for ensuring that power reaches all in the country.
He asked policymakers and stakeholders to work towards efficient networks to ensure 24X7 affordable energy to every citizen.
"Do it smart to do it right. Every dimension of human existence can be transformed with quality power and energy. Smart grids and smart meters are the first step for India to become a smart country," Goyal said at the India Smart Grid Week 2016, organised by India Smart Grid Forum.
"Smart grids are extremely important to reach to the last man on the bottom of the pyramid. Hence, we need to have innovative solutions that are cost effective, technology- enabled and giving equal opportunity to all. Both technology and quality are non-negotiable for us," he said.
The goal is to have smart meters in every establishment and home in India, he said.
"This means business opportunity to install 250 million smart meters in the country in next three and half year. We want the smart meters to be priced at Rs 999 or below. For us figure 9 is extremely important as we targeted to make LEDs at Rs 99, we today buy it at much below Rs 99," the minister added.
- Building bye-laws need to be changed for energy efficiency, says BEE chief Read more
- PSERC approves PSPCLs proposal to construct new office Read more
- Fitch affirms 'BBB-' ratings to Power Grid Corp Read more
- Kudankulam case: A Daniel's judgment Read more
- Karnataka to purchase 1,000 MW power to tide over peak summer demand Read more
- Railways to identify cost-effective energy options, says minister Suresh Prabhu Read more
- India's coal production rose 13 per cent over two fiscal years: Piyush Goyal Read more
- Grant of Long Term Access for the eligible applications received in the month of November, 2013 for transfer of power from NEW grid to SR grid Read more
- 24 states under UDAY cut losses to nearly Rs 37000 crore in FY17 Read more
- RIL shale gas set for expansion Read more