Power News We love to talk!
Power Minister Piyush Goyal today strongly advocated the need for India to adopt smart grids and concepts to improve energy access for ensuring that power reaches all in the country.
He asked policymakers and stakeholders to work towards efficient networks to ensure 24X7 affordable energy to every citizen.
"Do it smart to do it right. Every dimension of human existence can be transformed with quality power and energy. Smart grids and smart meters are the first step for India to become a smart country," Goyal said at the India Smart Grid Week 2016, organised by India Smart Grid Forum.
"Smart grids are extremely important to reach to the last man on the bottom of the pyramid. Hence, we need to have innovative solutions that are cost effective, technology- enabled and giving equal opportunity to all. Both technology and quality are non-negotiable for us," he said.
The goal is to have smart meters in every establishment and home in India, he said.
"This means business opportunity to install 250 million smart meters in the country in next three and half year. We want the smart meters to be priced at Rs 999 or below. For us figure 9 is extremely important as we targeted to make LEDs at Rs 99, we today buy it at much below Rs 99," the minister added.
- UJALA will be implemented across country by 2019: Piyush Goyal Read more
- Coal supplies zoom, but shortage at IPPs keeps power tariff high Read more
- Power Ministry's expert committee divided on Subansiri project in Assam Read more
- Discoms to observe Earth Hour on Sat Read more
- Power capacity addition target for FY’13 set at 18,000 MW Read more
- IFC-JICA to co-finance $1.5 billion in emerging market projects Read more
- Speed up price pool for gas: PMO to power min Read more
- Repsol aids Angolas search for pre-salt oil reserves Read more
- 100,000MW of costly solar power can sink Make in India Read more
- Y K Modi led FICCI delegation to accompany Oil Minister to Iran , sub-sea gas pipeline to Gujarat on the agenda Read more