Power News We love to talk!
Infrastructure major Larsen & Toubro (L&T) has won Rs 2,271-crore orders that include a major commercial development and a transmission line contract in Thailand.
"The Construction arm of Larsen & Toubro Ltd has won orders worth Rs 2,271 crore across its various businesses. Buildings & Factories Business has bagged a major turnkey order worth Rs 1,500 crore from a leading developer to construct a world-class Mixed Used Development in New Delhi," the company said in a statement today.
The project includes construction of a convention centre, business centre tower and two hotel towers as part of the overall development.
L&T's scope of work involves civil, structural, architectural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and finishing works.
Besides, the company said the Heavy Civil Infrastructure business in its defence segment, has bagged a construction order worth Rs 450 crore for the upgradation works at Air Force Academy, Hyderabad.
The scope involves resurfacing and extension of main runway and parallel taxi track, widening of tracks, earth filling and allied works.
This is part of the overall upgradation of all the bases in the country.
The statement said its Power Transmission and Distribution business has bagged new orders worth Rs 321 crore in both the domestic and international markets.
"As a part of business strategic initiative to foray into South East Asia, a breakthrough order is received from Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (EGAT) for the engineering, procurement and construction of 500 kV Transmission Line for Thai/Laos Border Crossing," the statement said.
On the domestic front, an order is received for engineering, procurement and construction of 765 kV double circuit Bhuj Banaskanta transmission line (part-1) from Power Grid Corporation of India Limited, which is associated with Green Energy Corridor.
Larsen & Toubro is an Indian multinational engaged in technology, engineering, construction, manufacturing and financial services with over $15 billion in revenue. It operates in over 30 countries.
- JERC approves the Request for Proposal documents for procurement of Renewable Energy Power of 70 MUs on yearly basis by the Electricity Department of Daman & Diu as per the Case-I-RE bidding guidelines for Tariff Based Competitive Bidding Process for Grid Connected Power Projects Based on Renewable Energy Sources issued by the Govt of India Read more
- CERC gives more time to FTIL for completing IEX stake sale Read more
- Essel Group signs pact with German firms Read more
- India has emerged as a new engine of global growth: Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan Read more
- POWERGRID signed MoU with Ministry of Power, Govt. of India for FY 2012-13 Read more
- Maharashtra to raise $270 m from Green Climate Fund Read more
- Maharashtra Airport Development Company seeks Rs 910 cr damages from Abhijeet Group Read more
- Will address power issues of states on fast-track basis: Piyush Goyal Read more
- Policy on coal linkages likely in 15 days: Government Read more
- India to implement code for energy saving, green buildings construction by 2017 Read more