Coal News We love to talk!
The Andhra Pradesh government will soon be sending a team of senior officers to Delhi to secure timely release of funds that were committed by the Central government and various global financial institutions to energy efficiency activities, particularly the capital city of Amaravati, during the two-day international workshop on energy efficient lighting held here a couple of days ago.
The World Bank, Asian Development Bank, AFD (Agence Francaise Development) and KfW have come forward to support energy efficiency activities in A.P and the State government is duly following up the assurances that the multilateral funding agencies gave it, according to a press release by State Energy Conservation Mission CEO A. Chandra Sekhar Reddy.
Mr. Chandra Sekhar Reddy said the Minister of State for Power, Coal, New and Renewable Energy Piyush Goyal assured Principal Secretary (Energy and Infrastructure and Investment) Ajay Jain that the Central government would see that a major chunk of the nearly Rs.6,000 crore committed to energy efficiency programmes in India would be invested in the state.
On its part, the Andhra Pradesh government is preparing short and long term action plans for making the State incandescent bulb-free State by March 2017 and installing 15 lakh energy efficient pumpsets with smart technology in the next three years.
A.P has already dedicated smart LED street lights installed in 34 Urban Local Bodies and the project is poised for completion of in all municipalities by June this year.
Energy Efficiency Services Limited MD Saurabh Kumar requested Mr. Jain to constitute a committee that would assist Government of India in time-bound implementation of the annual programmes of Unnat Jyoti by Affordable LEDs for All (UJALA) and other national energy efficiency programmes.
- Govt moves SC seeking transfer of 5 pleas on coal ordinance Read more
- WTO rules against India in solar power programme dispute with US, says newspaper Read more
- Solar power to light up remote Arunachal Pradesh villages Read more
- Diplomatic talks on with U.S. for India's NSG bid Read more
- NFC supply of fuel assembly to NPCIL touches 5 lakhs Read more
- India to ramp up infrastructure for long distance transmission Read more
- Chambal Ferts, Zuari Agro to benefit more from gas pooling Read more
- GSPCtakes cue from RIL, seeks LNG price of KG gas Read more
- For e-mobility to happen, regulation needs to be tweaked: EESL chief Read more
- AAI installs solar panel to generate power at Chennai airport Read more