Power News We love to talk!
Irish solar company BNRG Renewables has completed construction of 20 MW solar projects in the UK, in partnership with the UK-based Langmead Group. The project was funded by HSBC.
Mark Frettingham, HSBC Area Director for Corporate Banking in Sussex, said: "HSBC provided just under 20 million of funding to support BNRG's latest solar energy expansion. This consisted of four term loans to allow the company to complete each of the four new solar farms which, now finished, have a combined value of 29 million and created 140 full time jobs for one year.
"HSBC is pleased to play its part in BNRG's expansion, particularly with the positive benefits the projects will have on the environment."
In addition to providing carbon a reduction to the tune of 10,500 tonnes per year, the four projects built on a cumulative 110 acres will together produce enough electricity to power over 6,500 homes annually for 30 years.
The main construction contractor was Solarcentury, a London based engineering, procurement and construction contractor specialising in solar projects. The 78,000 solar PV panels required for the projects were supplied by Tata Power Solar.
Through these projects BNRG has become Tata Power Solar's largest international client in 2015, by providing nearly 20 MW of panels to BNRG.
Ashish Khanna, ED & CEO Tata Power said "UK has seen extraordinary growth in 2015 for solar installations and we see huge potential going forward with BNRG, even in other geographies."
- Discom recast on track, Rs 1-L crore bonds soon: Power Minister Piyush Goyal Read more
- We want water not power, says Barmer village; Protests power substation Read more
- RERC rejects SCLs petition for relief in the charges imposed by RDPPC Read more
- Govt to roll out Rs17,000 crore rural household electrification scheme Read more
- Consortium seeks court directive to Tangedco to act against BHEL Read more
- Guj, TN powerlooms reaped max benefits of solar energy scheme: Official Read more
- India Inc is No 1 globally in funding solar sector, says Mercom Read more
- Everyone’s invited Read more
- Auctions make wind, solar energy projects cost-effective: Study Read more
- Yogi Adityanath led UP turns to Piyush Goyal over coal crisis at power plants Read more