Power News We love to talk!
Power trading firm PTC India Ltd has emerged as the most successful bidder in the ‘Discovery of Efficient Electricity Price (DEEP)’ e-bidding for short term power procurement by electricity distribution utilities held last week.
In the first such bidding to be held after the Ministry of Power revised the guidelines for short term power procurement effective April 1, PTC India became the sole successful bidder in Kerala’s tender for supplying 100 MW of supply during peak hours and 50 MW during day time in the month of May 2016.
PTC also bagged the contract for more than half of the quantum offered by Uttarakhand Power Corporation Ltd to supply 150 MW MW round the clock during July 2016. It also will supply power to Uttarakhand during the peak hours in July and August.
The company did not disclose the price of power supply and said it was at ‘competitive rates’.
“PTC India offered a total of 9 bids from different sources to Uttarakhand & 3 bids to Kerala on the first ever e-reverse auction conducted on the new DEEP portal,” a statement from the company said.
“Consumers in the states will benefit from the competitively procured power to be supplied by PTC, especially during the season when the summer heat is at its peak” said Deepak Amitabh, Chairman and Managing Director of PTC India Limited.
The DEEP portal was launched in April by Piyush Goyal, Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power, Coal and New & Renewable Energy. Apart from Kerala and Uttarakhand, two more states — Andhra Pradesh and Bihar — are likely to finalise procurement through the e-reverse auctions soon.
- Coal blocks allocation scam: CBI court to hear matter of re-investigation Read more
- 46 GW power generation capacity lacks last mile connectivity: PHDCCI Read more
- Will low tariffs eclipse Indias solar run? Read more
- BHEL commissions new generation transformer Read more
- Sembcorp expects 1400 MW renewable capacity by 2022 Read more
- Struggling SSIs wary of proposed power tariff hike Read more
- B'luru's industry body slams moves to increase power tariffs in Karnataka Read more
- A.P. gearing up for 24x7 power for industries Read more
- Fourth Partner to work on 10 MW rooftop solar projects for Railways Read more
- India may extend power projects emission deadline to December 2019 Read more