Power News We love to talk!
Chennai-headquartered SolarTown Energy Solutions Pvt Ltd, which is into sale, lease and installation of solar rooftop systems for residential, commercial and industrial customers, has raised early-stage funding from GREX and is also on pace to close its Series A round, according to a press release from the company.
Without disclosing the quantum of funds raised, the company said it would help accelerate expansion plans, driven by a successful zero down-payment solar lease model for residential and small commercial customers in India.
The transaction comes at a time when the Indian solar industry appears peeved at the difficulty in finding investors for MW-scale projects.
“This deal of a solar rooftop developer raising early-stage funds is giving hope to the industry that companies with innovative solutions can still attract investor attention,” said a solar industry analyst.
“SolarTown’s leasing model is unique because it has made solar solutions affordable to a large section of the population. As a result, the addressable market in front of us is massive,” said SolarTown CEO VikramDileepan.
It is gathered that the major constraint for people in installing rooftop solar is the substantial upfront cost. SolarTown is addressing this barrier by providing rooftop solar solutions for up to 20-year fixed monthly lease option at a guaranteed cost that is lower than the rates of power distribution utilities.
This model is reported to be one of the first for rooftop installations smaller than 100 kW, shielding small residential and commercial customers against rising electricity prices, said a company statement.
“Since the price of electricity is cost-prohibitive and continues to increase, the demand for rooftop solar has never been greater than it is today,” said Dileepan.
GREX is an integrated exchange-like platform for unlisted companies, bringing together private eligible investors and high-growth unlisted companies for information exchange and securities transactions.
- Residents await Tangedco contact centre Read more
- Fuel rates may rise by Rs 6 on global cues, crude price up 15 per cent in two weeks Read more
- Fuel prices will drop in coming days, says Dharmendra Pradhan Read more
- Discom claims daily loss of Rs 25 lakh due to power theft by e-rick owners Read more
- Remove duty on coking coal, auction ore to rescue industry: Indian Chamber of Commerce Read more
- Government may cut power price to boost rural supply, says Piyush Goyal Read more
- MERC relaxes RPO compliance for BEST Read more
- Government policy soon on power plants swapping coal supplies Read more
- Discoms debt recast plan to save Rs 1.8 lakh crore a year Read more
- Heritage Foods starts 2nd wind plant in Andhra Pradesh for captive use Read more