Power News We love to talk!
Based on a complaint that there were power cuts in various parts of Chennai at night and money was allegedly being distributed to voters under the cover of darkness, the Election Commission (EC) has issued a notice to the Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Company (Tangedco).
“There was a complaint and we have issued a notice to Tangedco and we are awaiting their response. We are monitoring the power cuts,” Chief Electoral Officer Rajesh Lakhoni said. There are allegations that the power cuts were planned to facilitate carrying of money for distribution to voters.
Fire in transformer
A senior official of the Tangedco while confirming that the Election Commission had asked for a report, based on a complaint by a political party, he said on Tuesday night electricity was suspended in and around Koyambedu due to a fire in a transformer at the substation there. A report on this was being sent to the Election Commission. Denying any political motive, the official said, there was a fire in the bus bar of a power transformer in the 230 kilo volt (KV) substation at Koyambedu. As a precautionary step, power supply was switched off and fire tenders were called in. Power supply was interrupted in K.K. Nagar, Kodambakkam, Nungambakkam, West Mamablam, Ashok Nagar, Vadapalani, Arumbakkam, T. Nagar and Valasaravakkam, before two transformers were re-energised.
- Delay in tariff order can unplug Discoms finances Read more
- Singareni Collieries begins commercial operation of Telangana power project Read more
- ReNew Power Ventures raises Rs 500 crore through green bonds Read more
- NDA moves a step closer to coal auctions Read more
- Everyone on board to resolve discoms mounting debt issue: Piyush Goyal Read more
- Vadodara flyover to get solar panel dome for power generation Read more
- MERC verifies the compliance of RPO targets by RInfra for 2013-14 Read more
- Clean energy crosses 62 GW mark; solar over 16W, wind 32.7GW Read more
- Vizag has achieved 30% savings through renewable energy solutions: Andhra CM Naidu Read more
- Jaypee Group wins another coal block Read more