Power News We love to talk!
Based on a complaint that there were power cuts in various parts of Chennai at night and money was allegedly being distributed to voters under the cover of darkness, the Election Commission (EC) has issued a notice to the Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Company (Tangedco).
“There was a complaint and we have issued a notice to Tangedco and we are awaiting their response. We are monitoring the power cuts,” Chief Electoral Officer Rajesh Lakhoni said. There are allegations that the power cuts were planned to facilitate carrying of money for distribution to voters.
Fire in transformer
A senior official of the Tangedco while confirming that the Election Commission had asked for a report, based on a complaint by a political party, he said on Tuesday night electricity was suspended in and around Koyambedu due to a fire in a transformer at the substation there. A report on this was being sent to the Election Commission. Denying any political motive, the official said, there was a fire in the bus bar of a power transformer in the 230 kilo volt (KV) substation at Koyambedu. As a precautionary step, power supply was switched off and fire tenders were called in. Power supply was interrupted in K.K. Nagar, Kodambakkam, Nungambakkam, West Mamablam, Ashok Nagar, Vadapalani, Arumbakkam, T. Nagar and Valasaravakkam, before two transformers were re-energised.
- Rays Power commissions 5-Mw solar project in Haryana Read more
- Delhi, NCR face power outages for at least twice a day: Survey Read more
- TN launches online service for power consumers Read more
- Can UDAY overcome challenges, provide affordable power to all? Read more
- Mahagencos six new units get coal linkage Read more
- Wheels India signs tech agreement with Spanish company for wind components Read more
- CIL Strike Hits 20% of Output, Supply on Day 1 Read more
- Gone with the wind: Has solar left wind behind in the renewable energy race? Read more
- CEA working on 13th electricity plan Read more
- TN to call for fresh bids for Udangudi power project soon Read more